in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-27-2008 11:12 AM by DaveL. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-25-2008 4:06 AM

• DaveL
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Cambridgeshire, UK
    • Posts 11
    • Bronze Member

Retrofit BeoVision 3 32" RF Modulator

Hi

I am looking into the possibility of retrofittign a RF Modulator into a 32" BeoVision 3 as I have just picked up a good second hand MX4002.

I asked my local dealer about it and he said the parts required were no longer available. Probably wants me to buy a new TV!  I find this quite hard to believe as it has not been out of production for that long and B&O are usually quite good for keeping spares.  I assume this will be the same part as for a BeoVision Avant also.

I therefore aske the question are these parts still available to anyones knowledge (if so what part numbers) and is it an easy job to undertake/fit by myself.  Any information from past experiences would be most helpfull.

Thanks for your help in advance.

DaveL

• 01-25-2008 5:49 AM In reply to

Re: Retrofit BeoVision 3 32" RF Modulator

The RF Modulator is Type 4160 for the UK or 4155 for the rest of Europe.

The RF Modulator is module 63 in the Beovision 3 and the UK part number is 8000873 for PAL I

Given that the Latest version of the Beovision 3-32 was released around August 2003 and B&O provides spares for 10 years after last shipment, I can see no reason why you cannot get your requirements.

Regards Keith....

• 01-25-2008 6:15 AM In reply to

If you are talking about the Cambridge dealer then this is exactly the response I would expect!

Regards Graham

• 01-25-2008 6:56 AM In reply to

• DaveL
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Cambridgeshire, UK
    • Posts 11
    • Bronze Member

Keith

Many thanks for your helpfull responce, I will see if I can get the parts I require from other sources if I have no luck again with my local dealer.  Some times it appears I know more than them on some technical issues!

Does anyone have any idea on what it should cost and if it is an easy job to do by myself.  i.e does it just plug in and away you go.

Thanks

DaveL

• 01-26-2008 6:27 PM In reply to

It's no longer available as a new part, but he can still order it as a spare part...

It's easy to plug in.

• 01-27-2008 3:31 AM In reply to

Dave,

I expect you are going to see a price between £70 & £100 for the part and as the unit fits on the outer side of the main printed circuit board it is quite straight forward and you do not need to remove or dismatle the chassis to fit it. If you get teh dealer to fit it they are likely to charge their hourly rate.

Regards Keith....

• 01-27-2008 8:05 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

When I made the same enquiry about 12 months ago, I was told they were still available and about £75.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 01-27-2008 11:12 AM In reply to

• DaveL
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Cambridgeshire, UK
    • Posts 11
    • Bronze Member

Keith/Craig

Thanks for the further advice and information, it is most appreciated.

Using the information you have given me I will get them to have a propper look into it for me, they may not have know what the long part number is in order to find/order it off the online parts system. Perhaps pop in next week if I have time.

Regards

DaveL

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)