in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-25-2008 2:09 PM by burantek. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-23-2008 1:54 PM

MCL 2AV power supply polarity?

Does anyone know the polarity of the power supply for a MCL 2AV? Does + go to the spike in the middle of the power connector or to the side wall? I think this is marked as a drawing on the original transformer if someone happens to have one at hand.

I bought a MCL 2AV from eBay without the transformer and now I am trying to figure out what kind of a transformer to buy for it. Any help would be appreciated.

• 01-23-2008 5:08 PM In reply to

Re: MCL 2AV power supply polarity?

Well that took a little finding - you are correct - it is marked on the transformer! Looked at all the manuals first as the transformers are all a little inaccessible! The outside is positive,  the inside is negative.
  • 01-25-2008 5:49 AM In reply to

Any standard 12 volt unregulated power unit will do,as a regulator is built into the B&O unit.

In the UK,a suitable supply is available from www.maplin.co.uk. with part no.GS75S.It's supplied with various size connectors,and the polarity can be altered as required

• 01-25-2008 7:00 AM In reply to

Thank you very much for the help. It was very helpful.

Unfortunately my MCL 2AV seems to be faulty. It doesn't work although I bought a new transformer for it. It is completely dead. There is no current going to the IR so the IR is not responding either. Any ideas?

Does anyone know from where I could get a service manual for the MCL 2AV? Is this service manual available in the BeoWorld collection?

• 01-25-2008 3:04 PM In reply to

It's probably the regulator thats failed,due to incorrect polarity of the supply at some stage.

It's repairable,but often a tiny surface mounted transistor fails,thats a bit  fiddly to replace!

• 12-25-2008 2:09 PM In reply to

solderon29:

Any standard 12 volt unregulated power unit will do,as a regulator is built into the B&O unit.

can anyone elaborate on this?

the mcl2av states 15vdc - 250ma max...

what is the range of usable adapters for these, assuming polarity is correct and adapter plug is correct size?

i have a 12v 500ma that fits...

thx in advance and happy holidays! 

• B&o bottle opener
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)