in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-23-2008 2:28 PM by Puncher. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-21-2008 1:38 PM

O.T. New B&W DVD system with wireless speakers coming

http://bwmedia.keycast.com/download/Libraries/3/01-Liberty_PR.pdf

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/21/bowers-and-wilkins-introduces-liberty-wireless-speaker-system/

I do not like the design but that screen looks interesting. I wonder if it is a touch screen. 

Cheers

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 01-21-2008 2:27 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2007
    • Posts 223
    • Bronze Member

Re: O.T. New B&W DVD system with wireless speakers coming

Its a touchscreen I saw it on a CES news video. But this device looks horrible. Like an ATM cash machine in ur living room. I always say its not easy to find good designers nowadays.
  • 01-21-2008 3:54 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Wow, they are making wireless versions of their existing speakers... Look at that PVW1 : the PV1, wireless! Great! Note that the speaker have digital amplifiers built in... I suspect they come from B&O as in the PV1!
    I hope that b&o will do the same quickly : it is really simple : just put some (improved) beolink wireless boxes INSIDE the speakers and beosounds... (I hope that the BLWireless will be built in the Beosound 5...)

There is still one wire leftWink

• 01-21-2008 4:27 PM In reply to

Who do you think the Class D amplifiers are made by??? 
    Nick
  • 01-21-2008 4:46 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

I'm still not a fan of wireless, regardless of whether it's B&O, Apple, B&W or any other company. Wires just seem so much more sensible. Okay it may be a bit of hassle to get it set up in the first place, but it'll be more reliable than wireless...

Still, that B&W system should sound darn good. The XT range of speakers are really pretty fantastic...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-21-2008 5:12 PM In reply to

Vídeo B&W Wireless System.
    Borja
  • 01-21-2008 5:24 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

I wonder if they'll make the XT4s available as an active system without the wireless bit? They sound pretty phenomenal as just passive speakers...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-21-2008 6:38 PM In reply to

The B&W rep in the video confirms its B&O Ice Power. That is awesome for them. Complete 5.1 System around 15K Euro.

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 01-23-2008 1:56 PM In reply to

In my opinion this system is not wireless.

You will need at least a power cord....and if you have one cable running to the box, who bothers about 2?

Why don't they use some kind of rechargeable battery at least for the rear speakers?

Is someone aware of a loudspeaker with a rechargeable battery?

• 01-23-2008 2:18 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

kiwi4all:

You will need at least a power cord....and if you have one cable running to the box, who bothers about 2?

Why don't they use some kind of rechargeable battery at least for the rear speakers?

Yes they do exist, but B&W only produce true 'hifi' systems. Even their iPod dock sounds 'hifi'.

I agree with you - until we can have wireless power (which they're working on I believe), the whole wireless hifi thing seems a little flawed. It does make things easier to set up and get a good, clean installation, but installing is something most people only have to do once, and nobody will be re-installing their hifi setup continuously. It's worth doing it properly in the first place...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-23-2008 2:28 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

kiwi4all:

The slight difference is that most people have power distributed arouns their house (usually quite liberally) and it is fairly likely that you will have a power point somewhere near your intended speaker placement, unlike signal cables that generally have to be routed from the source to the speakers either buried in walls or under floors/carpets etc.

This does however beg the question - why not modulate the signal on the mains wiring (as happens in some home automation systems).

Flawless wireless signal distribution is however all but upon us (I suspect wireless power transfer is still some way off - unless you don't mind microwaving the dog while listening to your music)!

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)