in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-22-2008 3:26 AM by van. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-20-2008 7:38 PM

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

BeoWorld Site-Stats

Just stumbled across a feature of a search rank engine i use that i have never seen before..  Here are some official BeoWorld statistics from there!

BeoWorld has a Traffic Rank of 266,376 - which i am led to believe puts us in the prestigious top 500,000 world sites.  Taking into account that it is estimated there are approximately 5,000,000,000 (yes - that Five BILLION!!!) websites in the world, not including myspace pages etc - that's pretty good going!

We are in the top 12% websites of the WORLD when it comes to server speed. An average page takes 0.9 seconds to load, and our rating is "very fast" - thankfully we are very fast about 99% of the time too, with few server outages - and when they are they are usually not for long at all.

We have 1,423 links to BeoWorld from external websites.

Our PageRank is 4 - and this is a measure of popularity compared to other websites.  The ratings start at 0 (unranked) and go up to something such as Google, which is a 10. The official B&O website is a 6.

BeoWorld is valued at $29,792 in case i drop dead and someone is mad enough to want to buy it..  For comparison - the official B&O website is valued at $109,740 - a much more sensible investment in my opinion. Laughing

Just thought i'd share these with you..

Lee

Smile 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 01-20-2008 7:50 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Re: BeoWorld Site-Stats

I am sure you are happy about these news, Lee.

I, as a beoworld member am somehow proud to be part of it. If we look where we were a year ago, and where we are now, we can only be happy. We can only hope that beoworld continues growing like it did during the last 8 months. If not, you still can run away and try to get the $29.792 for the site (but I'm sure you won't do that) Wink 

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 01-20-2008 8:02 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

tom:

I am sure you are happy about these news, Lee.

I, as a beoworld member am somehow proud to be part of it. If we look where we were a year ago, and where we are now, we can only be happy. We can only hope that beoworld continues growing like it did during the last 8 months. If not, you still can run away and try to get the $29.792 for the site (but I'm sure you won't do that) Wink 

Well - hopefully we are all happy!  One person does not make a website - no matter how hard they try! Laughing

It's the members of BeoWorld that have created this, and keep it going - and i've highlighted these figures to show them just how successful THEY have made made the site.  All i do is talk rubbish and organise the prizes for the monthly draw (and play servant to PrizeDrawBot when he turns up once a month at the BeoWorld Offices!)

That said, i too am proud to be part of it - and seeing the site grow like this takes me back to the day we launched the "all new" BeoWorld and i was petrified nobody would come back!

As for the last part - put half a dozen zero's on the end of the valuation and i'd be tempted - then i'd take us ALL on holiday somewhere hot! - otherwise, you're stuck with me i'm afraid..

LaughingLaughingLaughing

Lee 

• 01-20-2008 9:28 PM In reply to

• Toby
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Hertfordshire United Kingdom
    • Posts 136
    • Bronze Member

Lee and your fantastic clan of little helpers, that is excellent news and a job well done. Those figures sound to me that some people would not mind in the least to give an arm and a leg for.

Cheers everyone for making this place top notch.

Night Night! 

Kind Regards Toby
    I better do my bit and suspend my siggy.
  • 01-21-2008 3:01 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

He needs to go easy with the "clan of little helpers" story - if he tells the wrong people he could end up in a coat that buttons up at the back!Laughing

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 01-21-2008 6:44 AM In reply to

I always like seeing BeoWorld stats, as I do not have the techy knowledge to be able to browse these stats for myself, so do keep this kind of thread going Lee - maybe every 6 months. Could turn into a bit of a BeoWorld report. I would be happy to help out with this idea if interested.

Anyway, great stats shown in your thread Lee. Chin chin to BeoWorld.

• 01-21-2008 12:07 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

That really is great news Lee.Party!!! One question though, how do you work out the value of a website?

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 01-21-2008 12:37 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

I could come out with something that sounds really clever - but on here i'd be rumbled in minutes! Laughing

I have no idea Craig.. i think it comes from what you could charge for links on the site, combined with the Google Ranking.  We have recently been given some kind of special "authority" listing (type in BeoWorld on Google and see) which breaks your site down into sections too. Apparently this is quite an accolade, and is something the site in it's previous incarnation never achieved.  It is manually decided by Google i am told, so someone has obviously visited our site from there and given it the thumbs-up!

I'll get some site values later for our amusement..

Lee

Big Smile

• 01-21-2008 1:53 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

9 LEE:

We have recently been given some kind of special "authority" listing (type in BeoWorld on Google and see) which breaks your site down into sections too.

Just had a look and I see what you mean. Google Search Here is a link for anyone else who wants a look.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 01-21-2008 2:06 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Something else that might be of interest. This is how McAfee view the Beoworld site for safety.

McAfee Safety Review

CraigSmile

• 01-21-2008 2:32 PM In reply to

• saf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 458
    • Founder

"BeoWorld is valued at $29,792"

Lee, I don't want to sound overly optimistic, but you can make it $29,792 + $55.5 already now, as I'm going to continue with my membership when the time is due ... Smile  

• 01-21-2008 2:37 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

This is great Lee. Under your leadership and with your 'little helpers' Beoworld continues to grow and thrive.
    I agree with Henry, it would be nice to get regular updates on how we're doing.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 01-21-2008 2:44 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Lee has posted site stats several times in the past.

CraigSmile

• 01-21-2008 2:53 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

I'm not leading anyone!!

As mentioned previously, i talk rubbish and pander to a robots whims! Laughing

Honestly - all decisions for the site are made by the moderating team, and we spend a good deal of time behind the scenes scurrying around making sure the site runs like a swiss watch.  

As an example, i am looking at the moderators only forums now - and there are a total of 257 threads with 2,123 posts on them - all about the well-being and smooth-running of the site.. In fact, that's more than the Lifestyle AND For Sale and Wanted Forums put together.. just making sure everyone and everything is ok!!

We have a magnificent bunch of moderators onsite, and they all do a grand job.  On that note I must  mention Van, the designer of the new BeoWorld - who also tirelessly rectifies technical issues and problems for BeoWorld. He is the chief designer at Firebrand, and really his involvement should have stopped when the new site was rolled out - but he has carried on supporting us in his own free time, and is now a highly respected and well liked member of the moderating team!!  He chooses not to post much on the General Forums as he a bit of a B&O 'Rookie' - but i personally plan to change that.. (grins) 

On another note - who is/are mediaplex, and what are they doing here? I don't remember us inviting them to our party.. Are they like the 'guest' that says 'i'm here with Dave' and snaffles the food and drinks??

Lee

• 01-21-2008 3:41 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Here are some Site-Value stats to make your eyes pop! 

----------------------

The estimated value of http://www.google.com is: $2,147,483,647

The estimated value of http://www.myspace.com is: $1,253,300,000 

The estimated value of http://www.ebay.com is: $957,264,000

The estimated value of http://www.wikipedia.org is: $481,000,000 

The estimated value of http://www.facebook.com is: $247,950,000

----------------- 

and if you compare...

----------------- 

The estimated value of http://www.samsung.com is: $331,521,200 

The estimated value of http://www.bang-olufsen.com is: $109,740

----------------- 

you can see the flea is scratching the dog somewhere on that one!

LaughingLaughing 

• 01-21-2008 4:19 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

9 LEE:

Are they like the 'guest' that says 'i'm here with Dave' and snaffles the food and drinks??

Lee

I'd kindly thank you to leave my mate out of it!Big Smile

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 01-21-2008 5:10 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

9 LEE:

On another note - who is/are mediaplex, and what are they doing here? I don't remember us inviting them to our party.. Are they like the 'guest' that says 'i'm here with Dave' and snaffles the food and drinks??

Well I was wondering that myself, even though it was in a link in my own post.Hmm

CraigSmile

• 01-21-2008 5:14 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Could it be this Mediaplex?

CraigSmile

• 01-22-2008 3:26 AM In reply to

• van
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-19-2006
    • Brighton, UK
    • Posts 663
    • Gold Member

Hi guys

Great news re: stats. I think you'll probably find that Mediaplex are a media/advertising tracking agency and probably working on behalf of Hiscox to track the amount of advertising clicks which are coming from the main BeoWorld site.

V

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)