in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-12-2008 5:50 AM by mylam1975. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-20-2008 8:04 AM

vintage B&O for sale ?

HI all I'm new to all this so if I'm in error please forgive, I've had to clear out my roof space and will have to part with my B&O system of many moons ago it's a beomaster 1001 , beocord 2200 and beovox  1702 speakers. Now question 1 are they worth anything? and 2 is anyone interested in them? Should have added they are in very good nick in original boxes (except speakers) .
  • 01-20-2008 9:11 AM In reply to

Re: vintage B&O for sale ?

Very nice set ! However this is not a very valuable group. The pick would be the Beomaster 1001 - though I notice one being unsold on eBay for £12! The fact yours are boxed makes them more saleable but I wouldn't order the Porsche just yet! Put them individually on eBay with a good photo and description.

Best of luck! 

• 01-20-2008 10:03 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Where are you located? Just incase other members are wondering.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 01-22-2008 11:08 AM In reply to

They are nice  units and will sound pretty good if it all works.

Sadly they are too old to be worth more than a token sum but too new to be collectable. Are you sure you cannot find room for them?

Simon

• 01-22-2008 12:48 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

I wouldn't judge the things so hard. The Beovox 1702 is a wonderful sounding speaker and it's size is perfect for the office or similar. I have a pair in the workshop that I use for soak testing. Try them out against a pair of, say, CX50 and the 1702's will win, leaving the CX50 sounding sterile and cold.

The Beomaster 1001 may not be rare or specifically sought after but visual condition is everything and if it's good and good photos are taken I'm sure that it will go well on Ebay. Make sure to accept overseas bidders and be ready to pack it carefully.

The Beocord 2200 is a wonderful machine, superbly build, easy to use and hardly ever failing but being a mere cassettedeck, it may not appeal to many people. Cassettetapes haven't had the same revival as vinyl records - at least not yet but it's still one of the better quality decks from that time.

Any way you put in, these are all HiFi design-pieces from the hands of Jacob Jensen and the presence of the original boxes and manuals will double the income, take it from a B&O collector.  Yes -  thumbs up

Martin

• 02-07-2008 7:24 PM In reply to

hi

i wanna know if u did sell them yet or not

thank u

• 02-10-2008 4:34 PM In reply to

Hi all, I have a similar question - my grandfather just died and has and Beomaster 1900 and Beocord 1100 in good condition but what's the value? I have found out they they went together back in 1978 but that is all the background I have except remembering how fab it looked lit up when I was a child
  • 02-10-2008 7:19 PM In reply to

A lot depends on condition.

I paid £20 + Postage for my Beomaster 1900 before Christmas, up to £40-50 might be possible in absolutely mint condition with veneer intact and all lights working, but miost will fetch less than that. The Beocord will fetch less as cassette decks are out of favour these days, maybe £10.

Far and away the best option is to  track down a pair of Beovox speakers, keep the Beomaster and Beocord  and enjoy them. You can buy a lead to attach a conventional CD player.B&O Hi-fi of this era is some of the best value Hi-Fi anywhere at current prices.

Simon 

• 02-12-2008 5:50 AM In reply to

Thank you so much
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)