in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-20-2008 10:33 AM by Keith Saunders. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-18-2008 2:45 PM

• Beogen
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Belgium
    • Posts 135
    • Bronze Member

BEO4 upgrade question

I just upgraded my BEO4 (SAT) to the DTV A.MEM/V.MEM with the service kit. I should have the function P AND P, P MUTE, VAUX2,... according to the included documentation but I still have the old functions and in the ADD function I have 2 times N.MUSIC and 2 times N.RADIO, strange.

My dealer didn't understand and ordered the spare PCB from the latest version instead of the service kit. After installation this one the problem remained. When installing the batteries for the first time, the display showed me 'STORED' if I remember correct.

Looking at the SW version using GO+MENU I see EE 5.1 and SW 5.0. Comparing this with another topic I see that the latest version should be at least EE 6.1 and SW 5.0

What I didn't change is the display but I can't imagine that this one should remember the functions I had before.

Is there something like a reset or factory settings? 

I really would like to use some new functions because I just sold my BEO5 and I would like to fully benefit of my BS3.

Any help would be appreciated!

• 01-18-2008 3:35 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Re: BEO4 upgrade question

I am not sure, but could it be something to do with the Config ?
    My VMEM Beo4 has the option of changing the Video Config to -Video 1,2,3 or 4. Mine is set to video 1 at the moment.
    One of my AV type Beo4s has the video options of  Avant, AV5, MX, AV9000 or None.
    This may be nothing to do with your problem but it can't do any harm trying different configs, can it?

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 01-18-2008 3:38 PM In reply to

Well, it seems your upgraded Beo4 has been upgraded with an out of date board which is a surprise.

To see the latest software version displayed on the screen of the Beo4 press STANDBY and LIST simultaneously, then press MENU and GO simultaneously to see EEPROM version which on my recently purchased unit is EE 6.1

If I now press LIST I see the software version of SW 5.00

I would take your Beo4 back to your dealer because it clearly has not been updated to the required version. There is no reset to factory settings, you just need the correct EEPROM version.

I was also surprised to note that you have sold your Beo5, what were your reasons for taking this action ?

Regards Keith....

• 01-18-2008 4:25 PM In reply to

• Beogen
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Belgium
    • Posts 135
    • Bronze Member

@Andy: Tried it but without succes

@Keith: I thought the same but now I've changed it 2 times, so in fact hard to imagine that B&O makes a mistake like this. Back to the dealer tomorrow.

Regarding the BEO5, well, I just don't like to way you have to operate it. I really loved the way you can set it up, the icons, the macro's and some other extra's. After a lot of different trials and a lot of uploads I came to a great setup, we used it for 3 days and came to the conclusion that for the daily 'work' we still prefer the good old BEO4.

I'm disappointed because I was waiting a long time for my new toy and maybe I should have given it a longer time to get used to it.

What I didn't like: Pressure on touch screen, 'greasy' screen, weight balance if you use some knobs, not be able to use some functions when it's flat on the table without taking it up (especially stand and light functions).

It's a great concept but I prefer a reworked BEO4 with some BEO5 functionalities preferably without touch screen.

Thanks for your input! 

• 01-23-2008 11:42 AM In reply to

How do you change the config to Avant?, I didn't realise that could be done.

Beovision Avant 32 RF, DVD1, Beovision 1, MX4002, Beound 3000, Beolab Penta MKII, Beovox Penta, Beolit 707, Beolink Passive, Beovox C30, Beocom 4, Beogram TX, 4 x Beo4, Form 1 & 2, Beocenter 7700, Beovox S65,

• 01-23-2008 12:06 PM In reply to

To change the Beo4 config to AVANT:-

• Press "STANDBY" and LIST at the same time.
    • Move the up/down pointers until CONFIG appears then press GO
    • Use the up/down pointer to select either Video or Audio then press GO
    • Move pointer up/down to select AVANT then press OK

Common Video options available is MX, BV1, None, AV5, BC1, AVANT, AV9000 and AVANTUS

The above depends on the software version of your Beo4

Regards Keith....

• 01-24-2008 6:43 AM In reply to

• Ken
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

I have a very old BEO4 (V.TAPE, SAT, A.TAPE version) I really miss the DVD key (have to use LIST + CDV). Can that be upgrade with new keys and pcb to the latest version? If so please let me know what to order (part numbers) and the estimated cost.

Regards,

Ken

• 01-24-2008 1:30 PM In reply to

• Beogen
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Belgium
    • Posts 135
    • Bronze Member

Ken:

I have a very old BEO4 (V.TAPE, SAT, A.TAPE version) I really miss the DVD key (have to use LIST + CDV). Can that be upgrade with new keys and pcb to the latest version? If so please let me know what to order (part numbers) and the estimated cost.

Regards,

Ken

I bought the service kit for 79 euro, then you will have the latest PCB version and the new pad but beware of what will be delivered. I got 2 old versions.

V.MEM and A.MEM functions did work, but in the list there were some functions missing like P.MUTE. You should have the latest version EE 6.1 and SW 5.0

I don't have the number anymore but your dealer will be able to help you with this. 

• 01-24-2008 1:37 PM In reply to

• Beogen
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Belgium
    • Posts 135
    • Bronze Member

Keith Saunders:

To change the Beo4 config to AVANT:-

• Press "STANDBY" and LIST at the same time.
    • Move the up/down pointers until CONFIG appears then press GO
    • Use the up/down pointer to select either Video or Audio then press GO
    • Move pointer up/down to select AVANT then press OK

Common Video options available is MX, BV1, None, AV5, BC1, AVANT, AV9000 and AVANTUS

The above depends on the software version of your Beo4

Keith,

I never understood what to do with these settings. With my new PCB the config options are VIDEO 1, 2, 3 or 4 and AUDIO 1 or 2. Any idea what this can change in my setup -> Beosystem 3 steering a BV5 and a Beosound 4 through masterlink.

Thanks 

• 02-20-2008 8:34 AM In reply to

• casa
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 16
    • Bronze Member

What is the partno of the servicekit with the latest pcb?

Thanks

Casa

• 02-20-2008 10:33 AM In reply to

Beogen,

For some reason B&O decided to change the config video and audio options from MX, BV1, None, AV5, BC1, AVANT, AV9000 and AVANTUS etc to

"Video-1" for all AVANT chassis and Beovision 3

"Video-2" for Beocentre/Beovision 1 and MX

"Video-3 for US Beovisions

"Audio-1" for Basic Audio

"Audio-2" for Beosystem 9000

I am not sure why they decided to do this because it provides very little gain for B&O or the user.

For the Beo4 upgrade kit,just ask your dealer to order the upgrade kit, and not just the spare PCB

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)