in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-17-2008 4:24 PM by Craig. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-17-2008 6:43 AM

Link/Slave enquiry

Hi:

I want to buy a Beovision 1 so that I can link it to my Avant and share its resources. I have read a few pieces of info on the concept in the products section of the site but I wanted to clarify a few points:

• If connected to my Avant downstairs, could I effectively watch a different channel on the Beovision 1 than on the Avant or would both have to watch the same things?
    • Can I share the resources connected to the Avant that are not B&O - namely I am intending to get a Tivo (compatibility issues aside) and as I work late I would like to watch the things I have set it to record during the day prior to going to sleep. The Tivo would have to be located with the Avant as this is where the only roof antena point is in the house.
    • Do I have to buy specifically the Link/Slave version or can I achieve the same results with the non Link/Slave one
    • Can the Avant be switched off (in standby) and the Beovision 1 still access the chanels/resources of the Avant?
    • Is this whole system just a forerunner to the video senders that you can buy now in any High Street store and if not why is the B&O system better?

Finally does anyone have one of these going cheap?

• 01-17-2008 8:08 AM In reply to

Re: Link/Slave enquiry

Couple of points. You must make sure that the BV1 has the link module fitted or it won't work. The LS model is the one to get. The Avant does not have to be on to access the channels.

As I said in the other thread, the Tivo does not seem to be covered in the STB list available here. Therefore working it via the B&O system would seem unlikely.

There are video senders - most seem to be wireless - they don't work in my house! Walls too thick! 

• 01-17-2008 8:13 AM In reply to

Hi:

Thanks. Well I am guessing that I could attach a video sender to the TIVO and then work it through the scart of the new TV. Not the most tidy solution but it would work...

Thanks

• 01-17-2008 8:16 AM In reply to

It should do though you will need another remote.

Best of luck.

By the way, have you thought of an MX set? Much cheaper than a BV1 and essentially much the same. 

• 01-17-2008 8:30 AM In reply to

Yes, the other Graham suggested that. I would possibly buy one from him. However, as I explained to him it is not really what I am after as it looks a bit too generic in my opinion. I like B&O stuff because of the styling and I especially appreciated the styling of the Beovision 1 due to the aluminium stand. In a weird way I think it is in keeping with the Avant. Have discussed possibility of AV9000 TV but that is a bit too dated in terms of electronics. I wouldn't mind the one based on the chasis of the Beovision 1 with DVD player built in. However, these do not seem to turn up that often and I don't like the sound of not being able to adjust the colour settings.

Are there any other TVs that I am overlooking that could do the same job but do not look too much like generic TVs?

Thanks

• 01-17-2008 8:52 AM In reply to

Beovision 3 is a good one! Very cheap now for what you get. The 32" is a reboxed Avant and the 28" is even cheaper - though actually based on the BV1 chassis. The 28" tend to be very basic and if you look at one of these check they have the necessary modules fitted.

The Beocenter 1 is quite sought after and is still rather expensive - quite frankly, you can get an Avant for the same money!  

• 01-17-2008 9:01 AM In reply to

I know but the whole problem is that the Avant/Beovision 3 is too big. Although I have noticed they are cheap and will probably buy one for the sake of it. However, definitely need a small TV for my bedroom.

Thanks

• 01-17-2008 9:36 AM In reply to

• tc
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 07-25-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 18
    • Bronze Member

Hi, 

Have been thinking about one of these myself. Can anyone tell me the difference between the Beovision 1L and the 1LS. Been reading the products section and cannot quite work it out.

Thanks,

Adrian.

• 01-17-2008 9:40 AM In reply to

Just have to add something on a tangent here: was once speaking with a B&O dealer about Master/Slave functionality and how to set it up. My girlfriend was with me, and was just barely overhearing the conversation. When we left the store she wondered why I was discussing sex with a stranger. Big Smile

No inferences, please! 

• 01-17-2008 4:24 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Graham1982:

Are there any other TVs that I am overlooking that could do the same job but do not look too much like generic TVs?

Thanks

Well there is always the LX/LS Range but I fear these may be even more generic than the MX range.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)