in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-17-2008 5:15 PM by Eugenio Colazzo. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-16-2008 2:15 PM

• Boots
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-16-2008
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

B&OCENTER 5000

Hi All,

A second post on the same subject. 

I have recently aquired above mentioned unit. I still need a couple of parts, 1. Hinge for the metal cover on the "spring loaded side" as its worn and the cover slips off. 2. Replacement plastic record deck cover as the original has snapped all its plastic hinges off at the spring.

Any advice or information on the parts etc would be much appreciated, especialy if you have them and I can purchase them!!

Many thanks,

Boots 

• 01-16-2008 2:50 PM In reply to

Re: B&OCENTER 5000

I am afraid parts are not obtainable unless you find a donor - and needless to say they tend all to have similar faults!

This is a superb music center - a basic version of the 7000 but the sound quality was just as good. The black finish is anodising - very tough!

You may need a new cartridge as the record section is normally excellent. 

• 01-16-2008 6:57 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Boots,

Welcome to Beoworld !

The Beocenter 5000 is actually one of the rarer machines, lovely and superb build and quality.

I can't help you with the turntable dustcover but I have a few brand new original hinge pieces in stock, they always break where they grip into the aluminum lid if forced to close to fast. I can also supply belts for the turntable and tapedeck sections but I suppose they are still fine in your machine. PM me for details. A dustcover from a Beocenter 7000 or 7002 will also fit but some has the model name printed on the rearmost metal part, not that it matter much regarding functionality.

A capacitor kit is also available but probably not seriously needed if everything works as-is. Yes -  thumbs up

Martin

• 01-17-2008 4:50 AM In reply to

Where are you located?

I am in Birkenhead and have a defunct Beocenter 5000 which you would be welcome to collect.

The amplifier works but the tape and phono sections do not. It is almost complete apart from the turntable belt and cartridge.

Simon

• 01-17-2008 7:58 AM In reply to

• Boots
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-16-2008
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Re: B&OCENTER 5000 from Boots

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the info, I have contacted Dillen & Simon about parts etc.

All the best

Boots 

• 01-17-2008 5:15 PM In reply to

Re: B&OCENTER 5000 from Boots

I have a turntable cover for a Beo 5, intact, I'll exchange with a Beo 7002 tt cover if you have. :)

ciao ciao 

Eugenio Colazzo

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)