in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-28-2007 5:25 PM by joff135. 23 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (24 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-26-2007 8:57 AM

• joff135
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • North Somerset, UK
    • Posts 62
    • Bronze Member

Anyone bought an Earset 2 yet?

Hi all,

whilst i am still pondering on whether to treat myself to a Serene...the Earset 2 has just been released...bluetooth etc...

Has anyone got one and what do you think about it and its' price?

Cheers,

Joff

• 04-26-2007 9:01 AM In reply to

Re: Anyone bought an Earset 2 yet?

I'd love to get a couple of thoughts.....

battery life for one and what do you have to take with you on the road to charge it, can I charge it via usb??

I've seen reviews that the comfort level is good and that the sound quality is excellent

• 04-26-2007 9:56 AM In reply to

• catalinex
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-26-2007
    • Bucharest
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Hi,

I've just received my EarSet 2 after 2 month of waitting!

All i can say that is great!! The sound is incredible! The battery lasts for almost 6h of uninterupted talk... it's incredible!

You cannot charget it via usb...

C

... from Spark to Icon
  • 04-26-2007 10:46 AM In reply to

• beobeo
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 953
    • Founder

Earset 2 just arrived to my dealer. It weights 40gr and I kind of recall it retails at 289€.

Definitively a must if you have the Serene. I'm told the sound is incredible.

Gustavo

• 04-26-2007 11:10 AM In reply to

catalinex:

You cannot charget it via usb...

C

small rant but why on earth can't B&O sort out these kind of details, BS2 is hardly easy to charge on the road either, unlike my ipod..... My bag of electrical adapters and cables is already weighed down and have you tried getting a slightly overweight carryon past the airport mafia at Heathrow.....I'm all for a beautiful docking station, but thats for my desk....I'm looking to simplify my life, not complicate it...

• 04-26-2007 11:39 AM In reply to

• PD
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Eastbourne, England
    • Posts 210
    • Bronze Member

Well I got mine & I love it. Only problem I would mention would be that whenever I speak to anyone, they complain that they can hear an echo of their own voice, never a problem on my Jabra.

Any ideas?

PD "The difference betwixt erotic & kinky is that betwixt using a feather & using a chicken..."

• 04-26-2007 11:45 AM In reply to

beobeo:

Earset 2 just arrived to my dealer. It weights 40gr and I kind of recall it retails at 289€.

Definitively a must if you have the Serene. I'm told the sound is incredible.

EarSet 2 only weighs 22g and in the UK around £235

• 04-26-2007 12:35 PM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

I've used one for some 5 months now, and it is great: excellent speaker, smart charger (that becomes a travel case when needed) and very comfortable. The downside compared to my old wired earset is the fact that the microphone is further away from the mouth, so quite a few complain that my voice level is too low.

Roger

• 04-26-2007 3:59 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Right ear model, and waited 2+ monthst, but in hindsight, well worth it.

PROS:  Lightweight, feels good over the ear, compact design with case + charger, charges well enough, sound is good, despite driving with roof or window open sound is good, small activation button on back easy to reach, avoids a citation potential (not a hand-held device) with the Police when driving, and it works well with my Nokia Communicator which was my main concern in deciding to purchase or not.

CONS: Star Trek " Borg " look when walking around (so I'm told), case+charger are very fragile with my big paws, I don't use it all the time, lasts about a day, routine is to charge overnight, and will not charge while driving.

WOULD I PURCHASE AN EARSET 2 AGAIN ?: YES -  I've tried 3 others + the one included with the Nokia, and for me this is the pick of the market.

• 04-26-2007 4:57 PM In reply to

See my previous posting HERE

Keith..

Regards Keith....

• 04-26-2007 6:13 PM In reply to

Could someone please tell me if it charges using a standard Samsung charger (like the one that comes with an X820)? I would be sold if it does as it would minimize the amount of kit I have to carry around. A photo would be excellent.

Nicholas
  • 04-26-2007 8:50 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Nicolas;

I started to get my camera out for a photo and realized that the photo you requested already exists here in BEOWORLD. Smart fellows !

Simply go to Products, telephones, and mobile telephone accessories. Click on the lower middle thumbnail photo and there you are. The charger IS the docking station you see.

As far as the socket plug for the wall outlet, I cannot help.  I'm not familiar with that item you mention. It will charge in Europe, Asia, North and South America.

• 04-27-2007 1:35 AM In reply to

The charger with the EarSat 2 are different for each country or group of countries which use the same plug type. The reason is the power supply is in the same mounding as the plug itself. In my case in the UK it is mounded into the three pin UK plug. I believe there are 6 different charger types available depending on country.

Clearly the DC voltage out which actually charges the EarSat 2 is the same for all country chargers.

I can supply a picture of the charger if it of interest.

Keith..

Regards Keith....

• 04-27-2007 7:33 AM In reply to

but I would image it can cope with different voltages 110-240v
  • 04-27-2007 9:49 AM In reply to

I am more interested in the end that connects into the Earset 2. Is it standard with anything, i.e. the Serene charger or is it something very different and specific to the Earset 2?

Nicholas
  • 04-27-2007 11:06 AM In reply to

Nicholas,

Nothing actually plugs into the EarSat 2 itself for charging. The DC power cable plugs into the holder, you place the Earsat 2 on the holder and a magnet pulls it into place and two gold contacts connect between the charger and the Earsat 2 itself.

Below are some pictures to help you. The first picture is the holder on the wall with the DC power cable pluged in below. The plug is just 3mm in across. Note the two gold pins which will make contact with the EarSat2 when loaded.

First Picture

The next picture is with the EarSat2 on charge

Second Picture

Note that the red light is on just above the power plug showing it is charging. It turns green when charged.

The third picture shows the power supply for a UK version

Third Picture

So, there you have it.

Regards

Keith..

Regards Keith....

• 04-27-2007 2:02 PM In reply to

Thank you very much for that. As I expected the charger is specific to the Earset 2.

Nicholas
  • 04-27-2007 2:12 PM In reply to

• joff135
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • North Somerset, UK
    • Posts 62
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for those pics Keith.

You can get left or right side ear models...i am right handed so is the right ear version best for me...or should i go for left ear version because i am in the UK and we have right hand drive cars...hence when window open there is a lot of noise? 

Oh...decisions decisions!!!

• 04-27-2007 2:34 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

joff135:

Thanks for those pics Keith.

You can get left or right side ear models...i am right handed so is the right ear version best for me...or should i go for left ear version because i am in the UK and we have right hand drive cars...hence when window open there is a lot of noise? 

Oh...decisions decisions!!!

Laughing

I always answer the Beocom 6000 with my left ear and often ram my Jabra down itSurprise

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 04-27-2007 2:34 PM In reply to

I am right handed and I purchased an EarSat2 for the right ear.

Keith..

Regards Keith....

• 04-28-2007 4:15 AM In reply to

• JohnJP
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Shanghai
    • Posts 21
    • Bronze Member

Got it at Xmas - fantastic piece !

Use it all the time. The clever swing arm, turns off power, and if you are not using it extensively will go for days.....Mine connects immediately to my Nxxxa the moment I turn the Earset on.

Am righthanded (last I checked) - bought a left ear.....go figure !

Asked dealer to get me a car cable that would fit the charger + an extra charger......No official cable version for that I was told !? And......an extra charger station.....half the price of an earset....!!!  amazing...

John

• 04-28-2007 8:42 AM In reply to

Just tried to order one, they are not in stock at my local dealer, they sold their demonstration model.

Delivery  MID MAY.

Brian

• 04-28-2007 9:56 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

have been to my dealer this afternoon, he showed me the Earset2. Looks really nice, I think it will be the perfect thing to wish for birthday or christmas...Big Smile

Is there a car charger for this earset? Would be good to have one if you want to use it in your car.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 04-28-2007 5:25 PM In reply to

• joff135
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • North Somerset, UK
    • Posts 62
    • Bronze Member

I was at Carphone Warehouse today looking around...and they showed me the Nokia (£80 now) and the Samsung (£40 now)  Bluetooth earpeices. There were a couple of other makes too which were even cheaper! Are they all really that bad compared to the new Earset 2?
Page 1 of 1 (24 items)