in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-16-2008 8:25 AM by saf. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-16-2008 7:19 AM

• JohnJP
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Shanghai
    • Posts 21
    • Bronze Member

Cool [H] BV 4-50 "upgrade" to BV9 ?

Considering to change my BV4-50 to BV9. The BV4 is a normal HD panel and has the BS3 connected and a BL 7-2 speaker.

I can find several pros and cons - but I am still undecided....all boils down to personal opinions I guess....

I really like the completeness and design of the BV9. Never cared much for the BL7-2 although it does have a powerfull voice. But with the BL5's on the side, I think the center of the BV9 will be just fine. Kind of fed up with the split up of panel/eye/center/BS3 and Beomedia.An added advantage would be full HD (I think) - but I am really happy with the BV4 HD as it is (I play regular stuff from the BC2 and Blue Ray from the PS3). One thing in our living room would be the fact that the BV9 is not that kid friendly - where as the BV4 is elevated to safety. But the BL5's are surviving, so I guess the BV9 can too...

would like to hear what you think of the one vs the other.Hmm

thanks

John

• 01-16-2008 7:27 AM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

Re: BV 4-50 "upgrade" to BV9 ?

JohnJP:

Considering to change my BV4-50 to BV9. The BV4 is a normal HD panel and has the BS3 connected and a BL 7-2 speaker.

I can find several pros and cons - but I am still undecided....all boils down to personal opinions I guess....

I really like the completeness and design of the BV9. Never cared much for the BL7-2 although it does have a powerfull voice. But with the BL5's on the side, I think the center of the BV9 will be just fine. Kind of fed up with the split up of panel/eye/center/BS3 and Beomedia.An added advantage would be full HD (I think) - but I am really happy with the BV4 HD as it is (I play regular stuff from the BC2 and Blue Ray from the PS3). One thing in our living room would be the fact that the BV9 is not that kid friendly - where as the BV4 is elevated to safety. But the BL5's are surviving, so I guess the BV9 can too...

would like to hear what you think of the one vs the other.Hmm

thanks

John

Firstly, no advantage to full HD unless you are watching Blue ray or HD material. Even then if you sit more than 2 meters away from the screen there is no difference at all. If you watch a lot of standard dvd or DTV you will find the quality probably a lot worse.

Have to agree I have never much liked the 7.1 underneath the screen but you will soon be able to rectify that by getting the BL10 to go underneath as its superslim!

At least with the setup you have its easy to swop panels as tecnology moves on, also the BV9 does look HUGE! I really dont like the 'rolled' frame now used on the bv9, from a distance it looks like plastic( it isnt) and it makes the profile of the product less 'sharp' IMO

• 01-16-2008 8:25 AM In reply to

• saf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 458
    • Founder

Re: BV 4-50 "upgrade" to BV9 ?

Personally, I would probably wait while enjoying the very fine setup you currently have. On a practical note: I don't know how old your kids are, but the reason they let alone your BL5s might be the speakers do not display cheerful and colourful cartoon characters, animals etc. These are very tempting to follow for the little fingers across the fine plasma screen ... if possible.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)