in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-07-2008 11:00 AM by Stars. 21 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (22 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-15-2008 1:36 PM

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

Is BeoSound 5 a Classified Project ?

I asked my 2 retailers if they knew anything about a future digital sound system but they were really astonished !

I mentionned the project is clearly quoted in the financial report on the homepage of the official website.

Is this project really top secret or a lot of retailers are not in fact of it ?

I specify i live in France.

• 01-15-2008 2:47 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Re: Is BeoSound 5 a Classified Project ?

Bang & Olufsen are just as tight-lipped as Apple when it comes to new products.  The dealers should be aware that BeoSound 5 is coming; but Denmark has not released ANY details concerning how it works, or what it does.  If you have seen the images shown on day 5 of the 'Star of the Day' campaign last month, then you know as much as your dealer does about the BeoSound 5.

Russ

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 01-15-2008 2:55 PM In reply to

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

OK, Russ,

Thanks.

Did you see the new MacBook Air ?

Apple has remove the CD/DVD player and introduce Wi-FI 802.11n.

The future BS5 has no drive too and may be Wi-Fi...

I love B&O ! 

• 01-15-2008 2:57 PM In reply to

• Robert
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Northern Ireland
    • Posts 362
    • Gold Member

I was with my dealer in Belfast today, and he know nothing about BeoSound 5 at all. Hadn't even heard about the Beolab 10 centre speaker that pictures surfaced of a while back.
  • 01-15-2008 3:14 PM In reply to

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

Let's wait and see...
  • 01-15-2008 4:20 PM In reply to

• Beofan2
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-31-2007
    • Fredericia, Denmark
    • Posts 313
    • Bronze Member

Well I think those dealers know a lot but will not are told not to say anything. I´ve spoken to a lot of dealers / salespersons in the years. If they don´t know me, like my "own" dealer, they deny anything. I know, from my "own" dealer, that they have seen BS5 and BL10 in Berlin last year. Not just a glimpse. Even the salesstaff has been presented these upcoming news.

It´s not magic - it´s Bang & Olufsen

• 01-15-2008 6:27 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

I spoke with my dealer here in Luxembourg about the Beosound5 some months ago (must have been 11/07), and he knew the product, knew some of the features... So it sure is no "secret project".

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 01-15-2008 8:37 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Officially, " We know nothing about it. "  from the store sales staff. I respect that, as ultimately they are protecting and supporting the B&O product line I enjoy.

Unoffically, " Aren't you a member of BEOWORLD ?  Well, you probably know more about it than we do. " ( Hah ! ) 

Could be: So far we've had a number of good insightful comments posted on the BS 5.

• 01-15-2008 9:13 PM In reply to

• Dude1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-18-2007
    • London
    • Posts 189
    • Bronze Member

It surely is - at this stage, but look for more possible leaks from Bang....Smile

The members who have mentioned that Bang staff are tightly lipped, even though dealer principals or managers may have been privy to sneak peaks is absolutely true - for obvious reasons.

The new BS5, is going to be a magic product. Some real innovations here. Think BS4 look, but more refined and with just more.... There is to be a large wheel that will operate the system as seen in star of the day - this is to be the main operating system, when turned it will bring up information on tracks / music / bands etc etc....then you can push it to grab a track etc...

Thats all folks!Whistle

• 01-15-2008 10:09 PM In reply to

• Jez
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Posts 150
    • Bronze Member

My source tells me that BS5 has been delayed with quality control. looks to be released around September 2008, so more like December probably. Only other thing "The source" will say is that the features will make your jaw drop. Looks: BS4 with BC2 Alu wheel in bottom corner.
  • 01-15-2008 10:10 PM In reply to

I noted this actually quite frequently that dealers do not look at the financial reports to see what is coming.

don't think it has to do with classifying a project. I think if you don't dig, you will get the info as part of the launch process. It might also be different if a store is owned by B&O or an outside party.

Cheers

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 01-16-2008 2:06 AM In reply to

If you had several hundred thousand £ tied up in stock/shop and staff costs your priorities quite rightly would lie with selling what you have now rather than wanting to know about or discuss what may be available in the future.

Regards Graham

• 01-16-2008 3:11 AM In reply to

The problem as usual is the moving release date. Technology is moving at a fantastic speed and what may well be astounding now is old hat a year later. Whilst I applaud B&O for trying to make sure all is working well with the Beosound 5, a long delay is likely to reduce its impact. Particularly if it has been announced to the dealers and the resulting filtering of snippets to sites like this one means it is no longer news when it arrives.
  • 06-06-2008 3:33 PM In reply to

Tom:
    I spoke with my dealer here in Luxembourg about the Beosound5 some months ago (must have been 11/07), and he knew the product, knew some of the features... So it sure is no "secret project".

Tom did he told you also about the features??

• 06-06-2008 3:38 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

RussR:

Bang & Olufsen are just as tight-lipped as Apple when it comes to new products.  The dealers should be aware that BeoSound 5 is coming; 

Dealers always seem to be the last to know. 

• 06-06-2008 5:21 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

koning:

Tom:

Tom did he told you also about the features??

Most of what he told me has been said here before: touch screen, no CD-player, hide-away socket unit like BC2. 

• 06-06-2008 6:20 PM In reply to

• frog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

Touch screen? I don't think so....
  • 06-06-2008 8:42 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

frog:
    Touch screen? I don't think so....

I thought I was told so, but if you tell me I'm wrong... 

• 06-07-2008 10:17 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

RussR:

Bang & Olufsen are just as tight-lipped as Apple when it comes to new products.  The dealers should be aware that BeoSound 5 is coming; but Denmark has not released ANY details concerning how it works, or what it does.  If you have seen the images shown on day 5 of the 'Star of the Day' campaign last month, then you know as much as your dealer does about the BeoSound 5.

Russ

Yes they are sometimes tight-lipped . A few years ago I heard that B&0 were going to introduce their first mobile phone. As I was looking to change mine I went in to my local B&O store and asked about the forthcoming model. I was met with a shrug and "we know nothing about it". Consequently I went and bought a new model mobile phone.

A few weeks later I was walking past the shop and there was their new mobile phone on display in the window!!

Being "tight-lipped" lost them a sale.

Indifferent 

• 06-07-2008 10:32 AM In reply to

Most retailers, by this point, know generally what it is, but only a handful have seen it in some state or another. Most are working off the descriptions of colleagues. Most products are simply kept secret because their nature is somewhat fluid until just a few months before launch. When we found out about this particular product last year, for example, it was not a fully fleshed out product. Only recently has it become more or less the unit that will launch. So in a practical sense, it's not that it's kept like state secret, it's just that there's generally no point discussing a product that isn't complete, beyond the mere tease that B&O offered on Star of the Day.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 06-07-2008 10:38 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

Wait ... some dealers don't know about BeoLab 10?  Leaked images?  I have one set up in my store!

Store Manager Bang & Olufsen Broadway 927 Broadway New York, NY 10010
  • 06-07-2008 11:00 AM In reply to

My dealer says he saw BeoSound 5 last year and the delayed launch is due to software issues. He gave a rough outline to the product and most of its features. I think Tom might have got confused with the touch wheel. This is the source of navigation from what I understand. It is not a touch screen, but it is touch sensitive - similar to what we use on BeoCenter 2.

It's all exciting stuff, but Peter is right. The more we are left waiting for its launch, the less impressive it will be. However, as long as we don't see a Samsung rebadge SamSound 5 come up for sale this summer, I'm sure we will love it.

I also hope it has a very new and original design.

Page 1 of 1 (22 items)