in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-14-2008 5:57 PM by marcpaquette. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-13-2008 6:52 PM

Beocom 6000 handset problem- extreamly low volume output at the earpice.

Strange situation, I have an extreamly low volume output at the earpiece, but only when there is someone on the other end of the line. For example, the "beeping" sound when increasing the volume by using the dial appears normal strength, but conversations are impossible.  This unit was a second hand purchase to add to my existing unit.  Which functions normally. I troubleshooted for a long time. De-registering, registering, swapping bases... no luck, same problem. When making a call, person at the other end is barely audible at max volume.  Anyone else run into this problem?
  • 01-14-2008 3:28 AM In reply to

Re: Beocom 6000 handset problem- extreamly low volume output at the earpice.

Your problem is almost certainly caused by a faulty RF chip in the handset.

Which version of Beocom 6000 do you have ? in other words does it have a black DOT at the 9 o'clock position on the dial or the letters INT

This problem can be fixed and the cost will depend on which version you have.

Regards Keith....

• 01-14-2008 4:42 PM In reply to

There is a black dot. What do you think the labour charge might be.
  • 01-14-2008 4:53 PM In reply to

That means you have a Mark I version and the RF chip issue is quite a common issue.

However B&O make a repair kit part number 3455103 for about £50 which includes the following items:-

Upgrade Kit

This will make your Mark I phone into a Mark II phone EXCEPT that it will NOT have an Earset socket but WILL still work on your Mark I chargers.

Regards Keith....

• 01-14-2008 5:57 PM In reply to

wow.  you are amazing Keith.  You are an asset to the community. I wish you the very best.   Many thanks for your input.  Very appreciated.  Mp
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)