in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-12-2008 3:34 PM by Peter. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-12-2008 2:43 PM

• AdUk
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-17-2007
    • Posts 26
    • Bronze Member

Beomaster 8000 sound?

I have a question regarding the sound of a beomaster 8000. I recently bought one and intend to replace the capacitors in due course but have noticed a couple of thngs about the unit I have.

The sound, whilst very dynamic, sounds just a little 'lacklustre' The beocenter 7007 that I also have has a much richer sound (with same source & speakers) Im using an ipod plugged into TP2 on both.

I'm womdering if Im hearing the symptoms of tired capacitors? Also if I try to engage the filters both channels dim considerably but the right cuts out almost entirely and objects strongly to the tone controls being moved! much crackling ensues ;-) Im not to bothered in terms of functionality, I don't use tone controls, but would like it all to work as it should!

Any ideas appreciated, although I realise I must do the capacitors :)

thanks,

Adam

• 01-12-2008 2:50 PM In reply to

Re: Beomaster 8000 sound?

Capacitors and variable resistors! Lots and lots of them! The Beomaster 8000 does sound fantastic when it is working well - but the red capacitors are well past their best and cause all sorts of problems.  The 7007 is a very very good music centre but the 8000 system is even better!

• 01-12-2008 3:03 PM In reply to

• AdUk
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-17-2007
    • Posts 26
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Peter :), I have already spoken with Martin(DIllen) regarding a cap kit - but I sould be looking at doing the varable resistors too yes? I'll have a look in the service manual to see how many there are, guess I should ask Martin if he does kits for these too!

thanks,

Adam

• 01-12-2008 3:04 PM In reply to

Mine had all it caps replaced just before I bought it. You won't be disappointed once you have a fully sorted one :)

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 01-12-2008 3:34 PM In reply to

You probably don't need to replace them all but some may need adjusting and they can disintegrate! A few spare ones would be useful. They should be very cheap!
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)