in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-18-2008 12:45 PM by Stars. 28 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-11-2008 4:10 PM

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Bang, Bangvisions and Bangcords etc......

I have read all posts from our member in Melbourne, Brent.(Dude1)
    Since joining Beoworld your input has been great. You appear to be knowledgable about B&O and your posts have been helpful, positive and interesting but.....
    Why, oh why do you refer to Bang and Olufsen as Bang, and Beovisions as Bangvisions? You even mentioned a Bangcord in one of your posts!
    It might be just me, but it really grates with me. Surely it is quicker to type Beovision than Bangvision, or B&O than Bang!
    I did however notice that another member used the word Bang and he too was from Australia. Is this just an Ozzie thing?

Does this annoy anyone else, or am I paranoid?

Yours respectfully, Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 01-11-2008 4:13 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Re: Bang, Bangvisions and Bangcords etc......

Jandyt:

Since joining Beoworld your input has been great. You appear to be knowledgable about B&O and your posts have been helpful, positive and interesting but.....
    Why, oh why do you refer to Bang and Olufsen as Bang, and Beovisions as Bangvisions? You even mentioned a Bangcord in one of your posts!
    It might be just me, but it really grates with me. Surely it is quicker to type Beovision than Bangvision, or B&O than Bang!
    I did however notice that another member used the word Bang and he too was from Australia. Is this just an Ozzie thing?

......All day long I think of things

but nothing seems to satisfy...........

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 01-12-2008 8:07 AM In reply to

Jandyt:

I've noticed the Bang-words too... I wouldn't say it annoys me, but I don't like it. It's a free Beoworld, I guess.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 01-12-2008 8:38 AM In reply to

I think it would be sad if we were to start correcting people on how they should address B&O on this forum..... no harm in how people choose to address the brand and to be honest.. there are more things to worry about in the world today??

• 01-12-2008 8:59 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

mobeyone:

I think it would be sad if we were to start correcting people on how they should address B&O on this forum..... no harm in how people choose to address the brand and to be honest.. there are more things to worry about in the world today??

Very true, and well said.

I notice it but it doesn't bother me, i'm just curious why he calls it bang, i don't think it's an 'ozzie' thing 

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 01-12-2008 9:07 AM In reply to

mobeyone:

Daz quite OK, Mobytoo! Big Smile 

• 01-12-2008 9:50 AM In reply to

• CraigB
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-19-2007
    • Cannock, W. Mids
    • Posts 76
    • Bronze Member

I don't think Andy meant any malice, I read it that he was curious if this was a cultural difference. Referring to products as Bangs rather than beo's

Very much like people referring to ipod as Ipod, it's clearly an i not an I  Big Smile 

EDIT**

Then again after reading Andy's post again he clearly states that it "grates on him" and asks "Does it annoy anyone else" So maybe I'm wrong Big Smile 

What really grates on me is everyone in the Spanish forum typing in a foreign language GGGRRRRRrrrrrrrrrr   Big Smile

• 01-12-2008 10:54 AM In reply to

I find it amusing. Not sure how a bit of irreverence can be upsetting, but each to their own. I find reading anything (and I'm not making specific references to anything/anyone on this forum, for all the sensitive souls out there) that's poorly punctuated incredibly frustrating, but you just get on with it depending on the context because you are interested in what you're reading. Isn't it the same with Bangcords and Banglits?

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 01-12-2008 11:40 AM In reply to

I find all this Bang business quite refreshing actually.
  • 01-12-2008 11:42 AM In reply to

Jandyt:

You're paranoid. Laughing

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology." 7-40, 7-2, 9000, BS3, BC2, LC2, BC6000, Beo5
  • 01-12-2008 7:45 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

j0hnbarker:
    I find it amusing. Not sure how a bit of irreverence can be upsetting, but each to their own. I find reading anything (and I'm not making specific references to anything/anyone on this forum, for all the sensitive souls out there) that's poorly punctuated incredibly frustrating, but you just get on with it depending on the context because you are interested in what you're reading. Isn't it the same with Bangcords and Banglits?

I used to find the fact that my boss doesn't know how to spell irritating (stoopid, qantus, anul 'retentive' etc) lol and she writes alot of notes, and one time she wrote February and wrote next to it 'i spelt wrong' LOL!  she spelt it correctly hahaha!! 

Laughing 

• 01-13-2008 1:57 AM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

Dave:

j0hnbarker:

I used to find the fact that my boss doesn't know how to spell irritating (stoopid, qantus, anul 'retentive' etc) lol and she writes alot of notes, and one time she wrote February and wrote next to it 'i spelt wrong' LOL!  she spelt it correctly hahaha!! 

Laughing 

Perhaps she got dyslexia Big Smile

What do you work with Dave ?

BL8000 MkII Black

• 01-14-2008 5:19 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Ok, ok, ok!!
    I'm paranoid. now stop ganging up on me!
    There was definately no malice intended as I enjoy reading Dude1's posts. I just got out of bed the wrong side that day.
    I will continue to enjoy your posts Brent, and will try and smile every time you use the word BangvisionSmile

Andy T. (proud owner of Bangolink 7000, Bango5, Bangavant, Bangolab Penta etcWink )

Poor me, never win owt!

• 01-14-2008 5:42 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Beolab:

Perhaps she got dyslexia Big Smile

What do you work with Dave ?

It's a pretty simple job, I work at Tie rack in the airport. Embarrassed It doesn't require any spelling / punctuation education hehe! My manager is a bit stoopid, but lovely

• 01-14-2008 6:28 AM In reply to

Jandyt:
    Ok, ok, ok!!

Andy T. (proud owner of Bangolink 7000, Bango5, Bangavant, Bangolab Penta etcWink )

In Dude1's words shouldn't it be a Banglink 7000, Bang5 and Banglab? I'm getting a bit confused here... Stick out tongue

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 01-14-2008 6:31 AM In reply to

Jandyt:
    Ok, ok, ok!!
    I'm paranoid. now stop ganging up on me!

Andy T.

Don't you mean: "Now stop BANGING up on me!" Big Smile

• 01-14-2008 9:07 AM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

"bno" always makes me chuckle

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 01-14-2008 9:45 AM In reply to

Personally I think it's hilarious.  Like ribbing someone but, uh, different.  For 20 years a couple of friends and I have called almost every single piece of software available on the Mac "Mac-whatever" (Mac-Word, Mac-Photoshop, Mac-World of Warcraft) as a joke on the applications as they were called when the Mac first came out (Macpaint, for example).  We're all Mac users but we don't take it that seriously.

Bangvision.  Come on, that's just funny. 

• 01-14-2008 10:41 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Jandyt:

That is Andy at his best! LaughingLaughing

Didn't you forget the "Bangworld's second first prize winner"?? 

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 01-14-2008 11:58 AM In reply to

• saf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 458
    • Founder

I don't mind so much how people call things - one always hears something new and potentially funny... my only concern is 'Bang-things' do omit 'Olufsen'. Perhaps Jandyt gently tried to address this problem - or find a compromise - adding 'o' as well ... more consequently though he should go for 'Bangoavant' instead of a sloppy 'Bangavant'!
  • 01-14-2008 1:50 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

LaughingLaughing

The day after I started this thread, I was filled with remorse.
    However, I am now glad I did, it's turned into a fun and lightsome topicBig Smile
    By the way, anybody got any new Beano recently?

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 01-14-2008 2:04 PM In reply to

Nice to see you online again Andy Smile
  • 01-14-2008 3:04 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Yes -  thumbs up

Poor me, never win owt!

• 01-14-2008 3:14 PM In reply to

Andy,

You are doing a bang up job.  Love the beano remark!

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 01-14-2008 3:56 PM In reply to

not so much bang & olufsen as bang & explosion

:) 

popgear is grate™

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next >