in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-26-2007 5:48 PM by Alex. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-25-2007 7:44 PM

Beolab 9 verses Beolab 1

We have Beolab 1s and 6000s connected to an Avant. What are thoughts on replacing the 1s with 9s? Is the sound really that much better? Is a sub needed with the 9s? Aesthetically speaking I think the 1s make much more of a statement.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 04-25-2007 9:17 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beolab 9 verses Beolab 1

The beolab 1 is a beautiful speaker. Why don't you buy beolab 9 and put them in another room that may be used as a listening area, the are very clear sounding with alot of power. 

I have heard them and i reccommend that you go into Bang & Olufsen and listen for yourself. Everyone hears sound differently and you may not be able to get a very good idea on the sound of these speakers on a forum, if you have not heard them. 

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 04-26-2007 2:43 AM In reply to

I have Beolab 1 and Beolab 2 (which I mostly only use for movies). I have listened to the 9's and then went back home and appreciated my Beolab 1 setup a lot. The Beolab 9 is very good, but not good enough to trade in my Beolab 1.
  • 04-26-2007 2:43 AM In reply to

Personally I was amazed by the sound of the BL9s, especially how much power they had. They didn't strain at very high or very low frequencies, and the ALT finishes off the tweeter to perfection. Unbelievable that this speaker does not have its own sub, and unless you're a real home cinema lover, then you don't need to even consider a BL2.

Comparing them against your BL1s is your idea really. You'll love your BL1s I'm sure, but definitely take a look into the BL9s. The placement of the LED is just brilliant in my opinon!

• 04-26-2007 10:08 AM In reply to

• catalinex
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-26-2007
    • Bucharest
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Hi,

if you consider buying bl9 you may try a home demo with them? try them as front, rear or as a stand alone solution!

this is the best way to make your mind!

do not forghet! if you keep bl9 to your avant do a softwear upgrade, otherwise the signal comming wouldn't be delivered for bl9.

all the best,

c

... from Spark to Icon
  • 04-26-2007 4:46 PM In reply to

Thanks for all of the input. We have thought of either using them to replace the 1s in a surround sound setup or possibly to replace a pair of 4000s in a link room, although they are a bit pricey for the amount of use they would get in the link room. We listened to them at a dealer but regrettably due to a large atrium outside the store entrance with a very large, very noisy fountain it was impossible to really tell how they sounded. Dealer has a 30 day return policy so that may be the best route, buy and try. 

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 04-26-2007 5:29 PM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

I heard them recently, but not for very long unfortunatly. But what I heard won my heart, and it sounded better than my BL1s have ever done. I love my 1's, but I have never been happy with the sound. I also thought the BL9s looked a little strange, but when I saw them live, they looked just right.

But I agree with you, the looks of the 1's is in a class of its own because of the size.

• 04-26-2007 5:48 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Yes, the BeoLab 9 is IMO, in a different class to the BeoLab 1.

I see it as a much more complete speaker, with everything finished off much better than on the BeoLab 1 (which was often a little rough round the edges when it came to sound).

As you like club music, the low end the 9s kick out will give you some fun too Big Smile

Weekly top artists:                   

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)