in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-10-2008 5:40 AM by Bebs. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-09-2008 4:53 PM

Qestion to owners of Beovision 9

Hi everyone.

I just get a good deal for a beovision 9  ,but im still confused about some things

1. I dont understand that the hdr2 is usefull for anything, because you still have to record manual ore by text the same way you did´t 10 years ago, when you record whit the setup box  you are block in that cannel.

2. I never understand this Beomedia 1. is it good to invest in ?  Whit all that talk about Beosound 5....

3. I love the design and the picture qualeti but, now i getting more confused whit the new Finasial statemend: 

((. The fourth quarter will also see the launch of new patented

picture calibration technology, which will further differentiate the company’s

plasma TV portfolio. Work on a new groundbreaking digital audio concept

continues in the Group. This is expected to be launched in the beginning of the

coming financial year.))

i hope you can give me some good advise and help me too make up me mind :-)

((. The fourth quarter will also see the launch of new patented

picture calibration technology, which will further differentiate the company’s

plasma TV portfolio. Work on a new groundbreaking digital audio concept

continues in the Group. This is expected to be launched in the beginning of the

coming financial year.))

i hope you can give me some good advise and help me too make up me mind :-)

• 01-09-2008 6:14 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: Qestion to owners of Beovision 9

Hello Claudiu

HDR2 i find useless as i have Sky+ and i couldn't care less about BeoMedia so got a BV9 without it.

I am absolutely delighted with the TV, and i am getting a huge amount of pleasure owning it.  Even the wife, after going crazy when it appeared (calling it a monstrosity, and way too big) has finally admitted defeat and said she loves it !! Yes -  thumbs up

The image quality is stunning, the sound is excellent as you would expect, and although i had to pay a small fortune for it - i am completely happy in my choice.  If i worried about what was round the corner, i'd never actually buy a TV - i'd be waiting for the 3D holographic sets to really take off, but then when they were released they may be developing 3D holographic with smell-o-vision to stall my purchase whilst the next technology after smell-o-vision was developed!!

Silly comments - but i'm sure you get my point.  You have to decide, "am i happy with this now, and is it the best available taking into account all of my 'check boxes'?" - that's all you can do.  Technology is unstoppable, but design and craftsmanship looks good forever.  That's why we pay fortunes for antiques that are hundreds of years old!!

Lee

Smile 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 01-10-2008 5:18 AM In reply to

• Bebs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-08-2007
    • London & Denmark
    • Posts 47
    • Bronze Member

Hehe..  so what you are saying Lee, is that the WAF factor on a BV9 is on a par with Lab5s.

Did you wifes huge shopping spree and consequent large cc bill have anything to do with her later acceptance and defeat..?

Stick out tongue

• 01-10-2008 5:26 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Well - no, the BL5's cannot show "X Factor" "Dancing on Ice" and all that other drivel in glorious technicolour, and she doesn't listen to loud music - so BL5's never really got a chance to grow on her!

I'm lucky to have a wife that asks me for nothing financially.  She has her own credit card bills, and her biggest extravagance of 2007 was a pair of "Ugg" boots!  We have one customer who (after the husbands card was declined) that said in the background "oh, yes - sorry - i forgot to say, i spent £4,000 at Harrods and £6,000 at Harvey Nicholls on Christmas stuff darling.."

I nearly dropped the phone! Surprise

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 01-10-2008 5:40 AM In reply to

• Bebs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-08-2007
    • London & Denmark
    • Posts 47
    • Bronze Member

10K at Harrods and Harvey Nichs?  Sounds remarkably like my boss's wife!  Apparently is easily done and we men shouldn't be such cheapskates  [:'(]

Ugg boots eh?  That even a sensible purchase for these cold months - you're a lucky man Lee  Whistle

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)