in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-10-2008 2:47 AM by Stars. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-09-2008 3:40 AM

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

What are you guys think about this setup i´m planing to buy?

I´m about to buy a pair of Beolab 5´s but i wondering how it´s going to look and sound compared with Bv7+BL7-2+BL8000 as surr ??

I most switch the BL 7-2 to BL 7-4 and switch the BL 8000 to BL3 as surrounds to match the ALT sound.. Storm

But if we just look to the aesthetic piont of view: BV7 BL7-2 + BL5 + black BL 8000 as surround.= Awful or can it work for a wile ?

regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 01-09-2008 4:25 AM In reply to

Re: What are you guys think about this setup i´m planing to buy?

Hi Beolab,

I personally don't think you can go very wrong buying BeoLab 5s in any setup! However BeoLab 3s would be my first choice as rears for both sound and design. If you want to keep your BeoLab 8000s, then I would, as I believe they would be very modest speakers as rears.

• 01-09-2008 6:57 AM In reply to

Or you can sell your BV7 setup and BL8000. Then you could buy the BL5's, BL3's and BV9.

That would be a nice set-up.

Guy 

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 01-09-2008 6:59 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

No harm in trying! I think it would all look absolutely fabulous together.

You only just bought your TV so i wouldn't sell it LOL 

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 01-09-2008 9:28 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

I would be happy with your setup, and I am sure it will really rock. The only thing I would really try (if it is possible) to do now, is changing the BL7-2 for a BL7-4. I think the BL5 will work better together with a real (mono) center-speaker.

But take your time and enjoy what you have right now! 

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 01-09-2008 12:18 PM In reply to

GuyHui :

Or you can sell your BV7 setup and BL8000. Then you could buy the BL5's, BL3's and BV9.

That would be a nice set-up.

Guy 

Correction Guy: That would be the best setup! Laughing

• 01-09-2008 1:11 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Go for it. You won't be disappointed. Wink

The problem with 8000s as rears is that while they may appear very tall, the actual drivers are only about half way up the speaker. BeoLab 3s will sound better as rears, partly because of their ALTs (better imaging along with other ALT speakers) and they can be placed higher up.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-09-2008 1:41 PM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

The 8000 are not that good a speakerso any option you suggest that gets rid of those is good!

• 01-09-2008 1:45 PM In reply to

I have to agree with Tom : BL5 [always, also in a surround] BL3 and a 7.4 as centre !! the best set up !!!
    Leon: Beoworld's First "First Prize" winner. "Carpe Diem et Dolce Far Niente"
  • 01-09-2008 2:40 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

beologisch:
    I have to agree with Tom : BL5 [always, also in a surround] BL3 and a 7.4 as centre !! the best set up !!!

Thanks for all replies!

I now the best setup would be 5x BL 5`s or BL 7-4 + BL 5 + BL 3.

So i think i'm going to switch the BL 7-2 to BL 7-4 with the 7-4 motor stand...

And use my BL 8000 as surrounds. Because i don't like the looks nor the sound of BL3...

Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 01-09-2008 3:55 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Switching the 7-1 for the 7-4 is a very smart move. Not only does it sound better in a surround sound setup, but it looks better IMO. Makes the BeoVision 7 look 'lighter'.

RE keeping the 8000s, it's your choice, but I reckon you'll find the BeoLab 8000s sound 'dull' in comparison to the front speakers in your setup, and as a result, the rear channels will sound a bit vague. Even if you don't like the sound of the 3s as stereo speakers, you may well find that you'll prefer them as rear speakers. You could always ask your dealer if he/she could bring out the 3s at the same time as the 5s etc... just to try out as rears.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-09-2008 5:22 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

Alex:

Switching the 7-1 for the 7-4 is a very smart move. Not only does it sound better in a surround sound setup, but it looks better IMO. Makes the BeoVision 7 look 'lighter'.

RE keeping the 8000s, it's your choice, but I reckon you'll find the BeoLab 8000s sound 'dull' in comparison to the front speakers in your setup, and as a result, the rear channels will sound a bit vague. Even if you don't like the sound of the 3s as stereo speakers, you may well find that you'll prefer them as rear speakers. You could always ask your dealer if he/she could bring out the 3s at the same time as the 5s etc... just to try out as rears.

Thats true.. I have listened to the BL5 + BL 7-4 + BL 3 and it sounds good but the BL3 sounded a bit harsh and hard as surround speakers i think..

And Alex you spooked about BeoLab 5s with a mains conditioner (which really, really surprised me).. Witch brand/ model was it on that conditioner? http://www.psaudio.com/  maybe? And did you here a clear difference between when it was off Vs on ? ?

Can you describe the difference in the sound little more specific ?

Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 01-09-2008 10:51 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

I reckon the BV7 looks better and certainly lighter with the 7.2. The 7.4 looks neater maybe, but with the channel covering the delicate poles of stand it looks more traditional.

It would be great if the 7.2 had ALT inside somehow, because in my opinion that speaker defines the design of this tv, but of course with BL5's you must get an ALT centre channel in order to enjoy balanced treble between the channels

• 01-09-2008 11:42 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

Dave:

I reckon the BV7 looks better and certainly lighter with the 7.2. The 7.4 looks neater maybe, but with the channel covering the delicate poles of stand it looks more traditional.

It would be great if the 7.2 had ALT inside somehow, because in my opinion that speaker defines the design of this tv, but of course with BL5's you must get an ALT center channel in order to enjoy balanced treble between the channels

Ore if i play 4 speaker mode instead, so i don´t have to use the 7-2 is one "good-bad" alternative ..But then i have no use of the BL 7-2at all...

I will talk to my dealer and see if he can take my BL 7-2 including 7-2 motor stand in exchange to BL 7-4 and BL 7-4 motor stand.

I hope he doesn't want so much in between, because my 7-2 and stand is only ~3 mouth old in mint condition!

Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 01-10-2008 12:39 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

You could be different and use the 7.2 on a table stand as a pair of beolabs in a different room, such as a bedroom or something? It would sound incredible i'm sure.

If i had the money i would have gotten one of these for the bedroom on the mantel (above the fireplace) instead of a BS1.

I'm not sure if this is possible, but if the mkIII bv7 you have has a built in BSYS 3 then before you spend more money, you could try it with a "phantom centre channel" between the BL5's and see if you like that? I see this as all about what you want and it doesn't have to look good on paper for you to be happy with a particular setup.

Thats my advice - try different things and judge for yourself what you prefer. Smile 

• 01-10-2008 1:02 AM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

yes i have the Beosystem 3 inbuilt so phantom mode is one option.. But i´m about to call my dealer today and ask if he can switch my 7-2 to 7-4 with the 7-4 motor stand  instead, if i buy the BL5 without cost..

BL8000 MkII Black

• 01-10-2008 2:47 AM In reply to

If you're buying BeoLab 5s from him, he would be a fool not to do the switch for you complimentary.
Page 1 of 1 (17 items)