in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-10-2008 1:38 AM by SWISS_2. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-08-2008 9:54 PM

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

I recived a mail from B&o today and they talk about a new revolutionary picture technology during 2008 ??

I received a mail from B&O today and they say: 

We've got some exciting new products in the works - including a new revolutionary technology within picture quality and an innovative new music system. (Beosound 5)

But what do they mean by the new revolutionary picture technology? 100Hz in BV7 ( 100Hz is not a revolutionary technology thug),  OLED, Dimming LED LCD or what?

(They can´t mean BV10..) 

I´m curious Huh?Hmm

Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 01-08-2008 10:09 PM In reply to

Re: I recived a mail from B&o today and they talk about a new revolutionary picture technology during 2008 ??

Hi, the new revolutionary picture technology is an active picture control for BeoVision 4, that has a new built in camera that will measure the colour level of your BV4 screen every 100 hours and adjust the pixels acordingly, so that the colour fading /aging process of the TV is overcome.

So, no OLED, and only something that will work on the top of the line BV4.. 

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 01-08-2008 10:22 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

Re: I recived a mail from B&o today and they talk about a new revolutionary picture technology during 2008 ??

Thanks for the info!

I have heard of the new BV4 with the camera, but didn't now it was to compensate for the fading coloring in the panel..( I thought it was like the previous vision clear lens, but more advanced and measured the color temp and the blackness in the picture )

Do you have a link to were i can read more about the new BV4 camera?

Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 01-09-2008 3:00 AM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

From OES in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. One American's  point of view ( not mine, as I actually could work with the second picture display )

Bang & Olufsen's new BeoVision products bring high design, high prices

Bang & Olufsen returns with new BeoVision products, a BeoVision 8 32-inch LCD and two BeoVision 4 plasmas. The BeoVision 8's comes with an innovative design and integrated center channel speaker that enhances speech. Of course, this 720p LCD comes with an "entry level" MSRP of $3,950. The BeoVision 4 plasmas take PQ to the next step by including an Automatic Color Management system consisting of a mechanical arm monitoring the degradation of each individual plasma cell and adjusts color temperature automatically. This is on top of B&O's Automatic Picture Control, an optical sensor that monitors light conditions within the room and adjusts the HDTV as needed. The matching BeoLab 10 center channel speaker promises its triangular shape makes every seat in the house a sweet spot, but with plasma prices at $13,500 for a 65-inch, $7,500 for a 50-inch and $4,000 for the speaker, you'll probably never buy one, so take a good look after the break.

• 01-09-2008 5:29 PM In reply to

I think I know where you read this.  On that website, he always is critical of Bang & Olufsen.  B&O has at least 29 stores in the US and many customers including me almost always buy from B&O.  I don't need a TV now but I am actively considering Beolab 5s.

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 01-10-2008 1:38 AM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Sorry: The Internet article was sourced from Engadget.

I talked today to a friend who is at the OES in Las Vegas, USA,  this week. It was very hard to hear him speak with all the background noise, and since he was using a cellphone to call international, I kept it brief. Hopefully I'll get an email later.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)