in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-09-2008 2:55 PM by Craig. 20 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (21 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-08-2008 2:48 AM

Big, bigger, biggest ?!

Perhaps a bit off topic but : is this our future ? and what will be the size of the next B&O TV ? [how] will they keep up or do it differently ?

Biggest question of all : how to get this thing into your home ?  

Shown at the latest A/V show in the US [a Panasonic 150" plasma- btw. the girl is 5.3"...... ;-)..............:

Leon: Beoworld's First "First Prize" winner. "Carpe Diem et Dolce Far Niente"
  • 01-08-2008 3:48 AM In reply to

Re: Big, bigger, biggest ?!

Given the weight, you would need a fork lift truck

Regards Keith....

• 01-08-2008 4:48 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Keith Saunders:
    Given the weight, you would need a fork lift truck

You're right. Has anyone tried lifting a BV9? My BV7-40 is heavy enough - I barely could lift the stand base, never mind the rest of it. The good thing is though, it's not something anyone can steal, easily.

• 01-08-2008 4:57 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

I think the future BV10 will be 103", I guess that would be about the height of this girl...

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 01-08-2008 5:07 AM In reply to

i wonder if the remote is like the playstation dance mats? Laughing

jay

jason

• 01-08-2008 5:33 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

jay:

i wonder if the remote is like the playstation dance mats? Laughing

jay

LaughingLaughingLaughing

The next picture is of the girl straddling the remote like a horse! LaughingLaughing

I doubt they would get that kind of image quality from a screen that size would they? 

Anyway - it's stupid.  If i wanted an image that big i'd get a projector!

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 01-08-2008 6:13 AM In reply to

• JC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Yorkshire / UK
    • Posts 621
    • Founder

How on earth would you get it into the house? Take the roof off I suppose, then lower it in by craneHuh?

Jonnie

• 01-08-2008 6:13 AM In reply to

• JC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Yorkshire / UK
    • Posts 621
    • Founder

How on earth would you get it into the house? Take the roof off I suppose, then lower it in by craneHuh?

Jonnie

• 01-08-2008 6:41 AM In reply to

Sad [:(] Re: Big, bigger, biggest ?!

Well this Giant would mess-up the space of a well-designed and agenced living-room. The first thing everyone may notice would be "him".

In this case, I would take a projector as a more discreet alternative.

Last but not least, I am not sure a flat screen like this size would get a good rank in the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor)....

Guy 

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 01-08-2008 6:43 AM In reply to

And the viewing distance! You would have to sit a mile away from the screen to see the image properly.
  • 01-08-2008 6:48 AM In reply to

GuyHui :

Well this Giant would mess-up the space of a well-designed and agenced living-room. The first thing everyone may notice would be "him".

In this case, I would take a projector as a more discreet alternative.

Last but not least, I am not sure a flat screen like this size would get a good rank in the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor)....

Guy 

certainly not WAF at all, but I suppose not MAF either : your carefully white painted wall will turn into a black one when your TV is not turned on................No - thumbs down

Leon: Beoworld's First "First Prize" winner. "Carpe Diem et Dolce Far Niente"
  • 01-08-2008 6:55 AM In reply to

• Foxtrott
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Vienna, Austria
    • Posts 500
    • Founder

tom:
    I think the future BV10 will be 103", I guess that would be about the height of this girl...

You are right, the BV10-prototype (at least the one that was shown at the dealers meeting in Berlin) is about that size, this is the rumor I heard. The weight of the prototype is also impressive (about 500 kg!), so a potential customer realy has to worry about static/structural engineering before having it setup at home.

Foxtrott 

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."
    Henry VI, Part 2 William Shakespeare

• 01-08-2008 12:19 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Apparently it's more like 135"...

When you get up to that size, a projector would be better. The amount of energy a plasma screen that big would use must be insane...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-08-2008 1:45 PM In reply to

Oh lalala... that's a lot of kg, you need to check your floor before you let the Giant go in your living room.

How about the laser TV :

http://www.cnet.com.au/tvs/0,239035250,339271573,00.htm

An alternative to the LCD, Plasma, but on a lighter version of flatscreen TV. 

Guy 

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 01-08-2008 7:22 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

I suspect that this is intended to be used for commercial use, not domestic use. Imagine this in a nightclub, at a show, a performance theater or even a pub.

In that respect this could be quite a useful and impressive screen...

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 01-08-2008 9:26 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

All true,  until the year 2010 - 2011.

At that time ultra thin AM-OLED ( active matrix - organic light emitting diode ) flatscreens take over ( according to Sony, and a certain partner of Bang & Olufsen ) replacing production of Plasma, and LCD screens. The investments by those companies into this were aready announced and run into many millions. The screens are somewhat flexible, and about the thickness of the gap in your Beosound glass doors, Dave.

Thinking ahead: Imagine a pair of your favorite B&O speakers, sitting in front of a wall that turns into a wallscreen, at the touch of a Beo remote.

2010 seems near today. What was the name of that movie again ?  No, not that one; The one with Oskar Werner and Julie Christie.

• 01-08-2008 9:49 PM In reply to

• expoman
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • United States
    • Posts 222
    • Bronze Member

Panasonic president said they have sold over 3000 units of the 103" plasma which is 1080p.  The new 150" is 4X 1080P resolution and uses 1/2 the power of the 103" unit.

• 01-09-2008 7:11 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

expoman:
      The new 150" is 4X 1080P resolution and uses 1/2 the power of the 103" unit.

I read this in the newspaper today, pretty cool. I find it exhausting to try and predict how technology will be executed in the future, i'm happy to enjoy what we have available today.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 01-09-2008 7:28 AM In reply to

At CES Pioneer just revealed their 9mm thick Plasma screens. Yes, you read that right - 9mm thick.

Here you have one placed in front of a regular plasma frame. I'm not convinced that a 500kg tv-set is the solution the world is looking for.

• 01-09-2008 12:20 PM In reply to

Now that is cool. Cool
  • 01-09-2008 2:55 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Henry:
    Now that is cool. Cool

Just what I was going to say. At last a plasma screen that is different.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

Page 1 of 1 (21 items)