in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-09-2008 5:04 AM by Stars. 33 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (34 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-07-2008 1:58 PM

• pehre
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 41
    • Bronze Member

New center Speaker Beolab 10

engadget.com mention a BeoLab 10 center channel speaker for about $4000 together with Beovision 4. Is this a new speaker system?
  • 01-07-2008 2:18 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Re: New center Speaker Beolab 10

there have been some rumors about this speaker, but nothing official yet. 

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 01-07-2008 2:44 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

here is a picture of what the BL10 might look like:

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/thread/76738.aspx 

• 01-07-2008 2:51 PM In reply to

• kuliand
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • nuneaton
    • Posts 43
    • Founder

i thought it had been confirmed that it is going to be the triangle shape? i understood that engadgeet were just reporting what B&O had said in a press releases.
  • 01-07-2008 2:53 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

kuliand:
    i thought it had been confirmed that it is going to be the triangle shape? i understood that engadgeet were just reporting what B&O had said in a press releases.

look at the picture in the link above... 

• 01-07-2008 3:45 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Am I the only one that thinks this looks awful?
  • 01-07-2008 4:00 PM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:

The problem is that if one wall mounts a BV4 the bl7.1 or 7.4 underneath just doesnt look right. This will make it look more integrated and it will stand out the same distance from the wall as the BV4

• 01-07-2008 4:12 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Totally agree re. the 7.1 or 7.4. I just can't understand why it's not a smaller alt-based center speaker. ie. more of a thinner horizontal 7.4.

Like the new BV4 though.

• 01-07-2008 4:55 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:

I think it looks awful too, I still hope this is only a rumor and the real BL10 will look amazing... 

• 01-07-2008 5:20 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Here we go again, judging the design before we've seen it in the flesh Laughing

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-07-2008 5:21 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2007
    • Posts 223
    • Bronze Member

no tom its already confirmed by my dealer. Its the excaclty the speaker we have seen here a triangular with acoustic-L. Terrible looking ! The number of poor looking bno stuff is still increasing with every new product launch.[:'(]
  • 01-07-2008 5:28 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Alex:

Alex, I know I should not do it, but I simply don't like the triangular shape of this speaker, and therefor made this judgment... 

• 01-07-2008 5:31 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Alex:

To be fair Alex, we can make a judgement based on what we've seen. It can change, if the final item is different. I'm not making a purchasing decision yet, just an observation based on the image - same way many Mac users either drool or moan about so-called mockups they see of future Mac products.

Chris.

• 01-07-2008 5:38 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:
    Alex:

To be fair Alex, we can make a judgement based on what we've seen. It can change, if the final item is different. I'm not making a purchasing decision yet, just an observation based on the image - same way many Mac users either drool or moan about so-called mockups they see of future Mac products.

Chris.

True, but as always, people are writing it off as 'awful' looking before they've even seen it.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-07-2008 5:40 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Because it looks god-damned awful! Simple. Can't we make that decision? I can categorically tell you that - if it's anything resembling that image - it's awful. I don't like the shape, the size, the design.
  • 01-07-2008 6:10 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Southern CA
    • Posts 137
    • Bronze Member

Well thats the BeoLab 10 for sure. Not everyone has to like it, but the sound sure is superb. I wish I could post a pic of it haha.
    -Alex
  • 01-07-2008 6:34 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:
    Because it looks god-damned awful! Simple. Can't we make that decision? I can categorically tell you that - if it's anything resembling that image - it's awful. I don't like the shape, the size, the design.

Because every time a picture of a new product is posted online, everybody says how 'awful' it looks. Then, after a few weeks, you keep seeing people saying 'actually, I think it looks fantastic in real life! I hated it in pictures, but it's much better in real life'.

I don't have any major problems with it, it's just funny how everybody seems to fall into the same trap every time pictures are released of a new product.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-07-2008 6:44 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2007
    • Posts 223
    • Bronze Member

Alex:
    moxxey:

Because every time a picture of a new product is posted online, everybody says how 'awful' it looks. Then, after a few weeks, you keep seeing people saying 'actually, I think it looks fantastic in real life! I hated it in pictures, but it's much better in real life'.

I don't have any major problems with it, it's just funny how everybody seems to fall into the same trap every time pictures are released of a new product.

maybe ur right Smile 

• 01-07-2008 6:59 PM In reply to

This one I haven't seen in the flesh, and as Alex says, I'm reserving judgement. I remember my reaction to the photos of the BeoSound 4, and my subsequent delight with the actual product ...

Clearly inspired by BeoVision 1, the BeoLab 10 - in my case it would be a question of whether I would want to relinquish the floor-space, as I get the notion the screen would go quite far up the wall if I wanted to fit a low cabinet underneath, for instance.

I like the fact that they've found room for the acoustic lens - guess it's the same as in the Lab 7-4. Anyone know whether there are more drivers on either side? 

• 01-07-2008 7:02 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

To me it looks more like an AV9000 revisit.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-07-2008 7:24 PM In reply to

Yup, that's been indicated in other posts, in both cases it's Lewis working with the square and the triangle. With the AV9000 having empty space motifs where the BV1 is solid between the two shapes. I can see the logic.

• 01-08-2008 9:41 AM In reply to

Looking at the specs, the new BeoLab 10 offers exactly the same performance as BeoLab 7-4, in a different design..once again, I wish B&O had spent more time working on performance than simply on a new design.

The purpose of BeoLab 10 or 7-4 is to work with BeoVisions 4 or 7 and a set of ALT fitted speakers, = BeoLabs 5 or 9, that means, with no need for a subwoofer, so B&O should have made a center speaker going as low as Lab 9 or 5, with an ALT for the tweeter, that's it. 45 Hz is still not low enough.

Put the Lab 10 below a BV7 on its floor stand and you have the new AV9000..David Lewis's nostalgy? Or loss of creativity?

Just my 2 cents..

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 01-08-2008 11:42 AM In reply to

• Toby
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Hertfordshire United Kingdom
    • Posts 136
    • Bronze Member

If it is going to be the triangular shape then I will have to say IMHO that I like it.
    Kind Regards Toby
    I better do my bit and suspend my siggy.
  • 01-08-2008 12:15 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Chrisreunion:

Looking at the specs, the new BeoLab 10 offers exactly the same performance as BeoLab 7-4, in a different design..once again, I wish B&O had spent more time working on performance than simply on a new design.

The purpose of BeoLab 10 or 7-4 is to work with BeoVisions 4 or 7 and a set of ALT fitted speakers, = BeoLabs 5 or 9, that means, with no need for a subwoofer, so B&O should have made a center speaker going as low as Lab 9 or 5, with an ALT for the tweeter, that's it. 45 Hz is still not low enough.

Put the Lab 10 below a BV7 on its floor stand and you have the new AV9000..David Lewis's nostalgy? Or loss of creativity?

Just my 2 cents..

You would not hear any difference.

45 Hz is lower than most small floorstanding speakers on the market, and the information in a centre channel signal is never going to go usefully below there.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-08-2008 1:52 PM In reply to

• tc
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 07-25-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 18
    • Bronze Member

I think it looks ok, but then I always liked the AV9000.

I would have liked them to produce a centre (mono) ALT version of the 7.1/7.2 as I particularly like the style of this speaker and think the BV7 looks much better with it than with the 7.4

Adrian.

Page 1 of 2 (34 items) 1 2 Next >