in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-06-2008 3:13 PM by cozza. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-06-2008 12:04 PM

• ir0n87
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-06-2008
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Special IRCODE for BeoVision3

Hi, I've an old BeoVision3 TV linked with BeoLink to another B&O TV in my bedroom. Now, when I are in my bedroom, I can watch the devices linked to the big BeoVision3 that power-on without powering-up the monitor.

I've changed  the small B&O in the bedroom with a panasonic plasma. Now I can see the devices linked to the BeoVision3 (trought antenna out), but now I need to power-on all the system (including the monitor).

There is an IRCODE (I have a programmable remote control) to powering-up the BeoVision3 system without powering-up the monitor (maybe called "server mode"??).

Thanks a lot! 

• 01-06-2008 3:13 PM In reply to

• cozza
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • New Zealand
    • Posts 119
    • Bronze Member

Re: Special IRCODE for BeoVision3

There is no infrared code for the BV3 to power it up in link mode. Usually this is done by having a link product attached in the link room, and the command is sent over the masterlink cable. In the link room, the IR commands for SAT, DVD etc are the same as for the main room, they are interpreted by the link room product and rebroadcast as a masterlink command.

To achieve this the easiest thing to do is to install a Beolink active unit in the room with the Panasonic plasma. This will use the existing Masterlink connection. Note that you will need a plasma protected IR receiver for the beolink active.

Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)