in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-06-2008 6:01 PM by ducha. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-03-2008 7:42 PM

• ducha
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 01-04-2008
    • Wisconsin, US
    • Posts 77
    • Bronze Member

TX2 and 5000

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and B&O products. I recently acquired a beogram TX2 and my dad a beogram 5000 from a friend of his. For both machines, (especially the 5000) it seems that the needle barely clears the record surface when starting and cueing the tone arm. A slightly warped record will cause the needle to scate across the top. Is there some adjustment that can be made to slightly raise the height of the tone arm for either machine? Could this problem have something to do with an old MMC4 cartridge? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aaron

• 01-04-2008 3:03 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Re: TX2 and 5000

Hi Aaron & welcome to Beoworld,

on the Beogram 5000 there is a small grub screw at the back of the tonearm pivot which adjusts the travel height. Be very careful though as a small adjustment will make quite a large difference. It's a while since I've worked on one of these but I believe a small clockwise turn will make the arm travel higher. This screw is also made from plastic and the head is very easily damaged so a good fitting small screwdriver and care is required.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 01-06-2008 6:01 PM In reply to

• ducha
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 01-04-2008
    • Wisconsin, US
    • Posts 77
    • Bronze Member

Re: TX2 and 5000

Thanks for getting back to me. I do have another question. I found the plastic slotted screw behind the tone arm pivot, but the screw seems to be locked into place with a snap washer. I tried turning it with a small screw driver, but couldn't get it to budge in either direction. I'm hoping I don't have to remove the lockwasher because of limited space to work in. Any suggestions?

Aaron

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)