in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-26-2008 1:50 PM by burantek. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-02-2008 1:55 AM

Beolink Active Wiring diagram

HI Everybody !

I just got a Beolink Active but without cable,so i'm just making it myself. i got the DIN jack and wire but I just don't have the wiring diagram for the DIN jack. It's 5 pin. Just wonder which wire goes to where. Hope anyone could shed some light on this . !

Thank you. and Happy New Year to All Beofans

• 01-02-2008 2:47 AM In reply to

Re: Beolink Active Wiring diagram

You say you just received a Beolink Active without cables, but if you purchased it from B&O then you should go back to the dealer and get a replacement with cables. It comes with an IR attached to a cable with a din on it. If you purchased it from Ebay etc then look HERE for the wiring details for the IR

Regards Keith....

• 01-02-2008 5:25 AM In reply to

Which connector are you talking about? The Beolink Active offers a 7 pin DIN connector for the IR eye and an 8 pin DIN connector for Powerlink.

Hagen

• 01-02-2008 12:23 PM In reply to

HI! Keith

My setups are Beosound Ouverture+Beolabs 4000 in main room. Beolink Active or Beolink PC2+Beolabs 6000 in Bedroom where my Laptop is. and Beolab 3500 in 2nd Bedroom

I got the Beolink Active from ebay.It comes only the box and the eye(without any wires).I think i'm a bit confused with the infrared eye. I saw only five terminals in the IR eye,aren't there? so actually the original DIN cable for the Beolink Active has seven wires?                                                                                             

One more question.I got both Beolink PC2 and Beolink Active but i haven't got the IR eye for The Beolink PC2. Can i use the IR eye from Beolink Active for Beolink PC2? i read some threads here saying they are different and it's not possible. Could you confirm this so i got to get the dedicated IR eye for PC2  from the dealer . I got BS Ouverture but i just found out that it can not use N.MUSIC or N.RADIO on Beolink PC2. What a waste! Is there anyway to make it possible to control N.MUSIC or N.RADIO from Ouverture?    Or i can just use Beolink PC2+Beolabs and my Laptop for my setup? Mostly i listen to Net radio. Then what do i do with my Ouverture?      

Thanks for all replies. It's very helpful. Thank you all!         

• 01-02-2008 12:55 PM In reply to

Lets start with the Beolink Active. The IR is connected via 5 wires to a DIN plug and there is a 5 terminal connections on the block at the back of the IR printed circuit.

With a Beoport most people do not connect an IR, but if you wish to, then the IR is part number 8087030 and it is different in a couple of ways, but the most importantly is that only three wires are connected and it goes to a jack plug and not a Din. In your listed configuration you do not need the Beolink active because you would plug your Beolab 6000's into the powerlink sockets on the Beoport.

To use N.Radio and N.Music you need an audio master which supports them and I am sorry to confirm that the Ouverture does not.

You can still listen to the Ouverture sources in your bedroom via Beoport, but you will only be able to listen to N.Radio and N.Music in your bedroom.

Regards Keith....

• 01-02-2008 1:01 PM In reply to

The IR eye socket is 7 pin din. Replacement cable complete with pre wired plug is available from your dealer. It's special cable (low impedance I guess). 15 metre in white with plug pre wired is around £20

My dealer has just ordered one for me so I will soon have the part number for you. Remind me!!!

Regards Graham

• 01-09-2008 4:50 AM In reply to

HI! Thans for all replies.

I think i'll get the IR eye for Beolink PC2 . It's such a pity i can't listen to N.RADIO or N.MUSIC through my Ouverture(in my living room).I'll be restricted to listen to N.MUSIC only in my bedroom where my Laptop is.

As i have Beolab 3500 in another room ,can i select N.MUSIC or N.RADIO through it?

• 01-09-2008 5:57 AM In reply to

IR cable 15m white with din plug prewired is part number 6270668

Apparently excess cable should not be cut off. Use the full length and wind excess up. Don't understand why, may be impedance related?

Regards Graham

• 01-09-2008 8:11 AM In reply to

HI Joey!

i'm a bit confused. The IR port on my Beolink PC2 is not DIN type,isn't it normal stereo jack? So is the part number the same? Thanks

• 01-09-2008 4:18 PM In reply to

You are correct, the PC2/Beoport does NOT use a DIN, but instead a Jack and only uses three wire connections as I previously stated. The three wires are:-

• +5 volts --  Yellow wire
    • Ground -- Brown Wire
    • IR -- Green wire

The part numbers are NOT the same. The correct part number is in my previous posting

Regards Keith....

• 01-10-2008 5:45 AM In reply to

Thank you very much. Keith. It's very clear to me now and also thanks to all the replies!
  • 11-12-2008 11:24 AM In reply to

i have searched and searched...

i have a pair a bl actives w/ no eyes ;-(

might anyone have the part number for the beolink ir eye (the din'd one for use w/ a beolink active)?

or, better yet -might someone have (1) or (2) that they may wish to part with?
    • B&o bottle opener
  • 11-25-2008 2:40 PM In reply to

no luck finding these... dealer perhaps... anyone have a value?

i have several mcl transceivers. is there anything technical preventing me from adding a din plug to one of these and using it instead of the correct beolink eye???

++++edit++++

oh, and if it is possible: pinout out din?

• B&o bottle opener
  • 11-26-2008 5:43 AM In reply to

joeyboygolf:

IR cable 15m white with din plug prewired is part number 6270668

Apparently excess cable should not be cut off. Use the full length and wind excess up. Don't understand why, may be impedance related?

Hi,

I looked into this one a while back and it is rather a strange story:-

1) The standard 5m IR cable for Beolink Active and Passive appears to be just normal PVC-sheathed alarm cable (with a non-standard colour code).  The PVC sheathing makes this highly capacitive, thus limiting the cable length that can be used before the data pulse edges are smoothed out.  The standard cable comes with the IR eye in the Beolink Active kit, but is not (as far as I can find out) available to purchase separately from B&O

2) B&O brought in a "low capacitance" 15m cable, using the more usual PE insulation to limit capacitance and allow the low-level IR signals to pass through the longer cable without distortion.  Despite B&O's warning, this cable will normally function when cut to shorter lengths.  However I usually keep the excess cable wound up out of site when installing, as you never know when you will need to go back and change the layout of the equipment and the extra cable is always handy!

Steve.

PS. If you are interested (or bored!), try connecting the Beolink IR eye using alarm wire (or speaker wire, or bell wire, etc) up to a 5m length.  You will normally find that it works over just about anything, as long as you keep the cable run short.  For longer runs, use the proper B&O cable.

Sounds Heavenly Cables are proud to be a sponsor of the BeoWorld Forum!

• 11-26-2008 9:22 AM In reply to

Steve at Sounds Heavenly:
    The standard cable comes with the IR eye in the Beolink Active kit, but is not (as far as I can find out) available to purchase separately from B&O

i was concerned that it may well not be available... though you think it would be, surely some must have gone bad/been damaged and need to be replaced??? ebay or die at this point.

re: my situation -i briefly reviewed the mcl schematics last night. my intent is to simply adapt the mcl transceiver (not the older 82 style) to din plug into a beolink active. i do not care about close up control at all, i just want to provide a receiver for beo4 remote commands to the active. on the surface, it seems i would only need to pin out 3/5 wires: 5v/ground/ir data. can anyone confirm that this will work?

thanks much in advance!

++++edit++++

for anyone following this thread...

i may have found the answer by deep searching the forums... though it is the inverse -using a beolink eye in a mcl system.

it sounds like it could fly, but may not be so great! though again, it is the inverse and the beolink does the processing! hmmm??? 

• B&o bottle opener
  • 11-26-2008 1:40 PM In reply to

Hi Jeff,

I do sell a compatible cable as the B&O dealers I have spoken to don't generally seem to be able to get replacements, details are here:-

http://soundsheavenly.co.uk/bando-ir.htm

Best regards,

Steve.

Sounds Heavenly Cables are proud to be a sponsor of the BeoWorld Forum!

• 11-26-2008 1:50 PM In reply to

thx! would be great -if i had the eye ;-(

that is why i was going to use an mcl... though your cable would eliminate the work required at the din end ;-)

• B&o bottle opener
Page 1 of 1 (17 items)