in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-31-2007 11:29 PM by Chrisreunion. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-31-2007 8:42 PM

BC9300, MCL and net music

I'm trying to figure out what options I have for playing music from my iTunes library on my system. This is what I have:

- BC9300 w/BL8000s in main room

MCL wiring to:

- kitchen which has a BL3500 

- master bedroom which has LCS9000

- family room which has CX-50s connected to an MCL2AV

The (Sony) TV is in the family room and the sound output is wired to the Aux input of the 9300. I have a Lintronic box setup so that everything is nicely controlled with a Beo4. Most of the system is on playing the TV via the link; we don't listen to serious music in the main room that often actually. 

I also have an extra iMac (CRT) which I can hide away in a closet behind the wall where the 9300 is. I was playing with the Beo4 and figured out the N.Music and N.Radio map to ATape2 and Phono of the 9300, which are currently unused inputs (mostly- I do have a headphone jack plugged into the phono input of the 9300 so I can play my iPod through the main system if I want; it works out nice in this case that the 9300 didn't have RIAA preamp on the phono channel). My Beo4 is newer and doesn't have ATape 2 and Phono "buttons" but it appears these are just new labels on the old codes.

It seems the beoport product needs ML instead of MCL and I'm not sure that what I need. My understanding is the extra tape and phono inputs have control lines that allow the 9300 to send commands to the devices corresponding to stop, go, and the left, right, up, and down arrows. Is there a way to have the iMac respond to the control lines from the phono and tape connections and control internet radio and iTunes, essentially making them act like the older-fashioned external tape and phono players? Or should I just get airport express and just run it wirelessly from the other (5) macs in the house? 

Steve
  • 12-31-2007 11:29 PM In reply to

Re: BC9300, MCL and net music

Hi & Happy New Year! 

You won't be able to use BeoPort with your BC9300 using a B&O solution, because when pressing NMUSIC or NRADIO on your remote control, it will turn on the PHONO or ATAPE2 inputs, not the A.AUX input where your MCL converter should go.

The easiest solution for MCL based products is the BeoPC from Ridax: you just connect your PC or Ipod to any free datalink input , the other end of the cable to your PC or Ipod, and through simple programming on the PC, you can activate your NMUSIC , NRADIO, or any other audio application; below is the link:

http://home.swipnet.se/ridax/ipod.htm

Enjoy! 

Reunion Island is greeting you!

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)