in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-31-2007 5:53 AM by joeyboygolf. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-31-2007 4:43 AM

beocenter 9500

I have a beocenter 9500 and the sliding doors dont open.  I've looked at the repair manual and I think I can fix them myself.  Does anyone have some pointers, tips or dont let this hapen to you they can pass along?  And what kind of lube should I use in the chanels.  All the help I can get is apperichiated.

Thanks

Mike

• 12-31-2007 5:32 AM In reply to

Re: beocenter 9500

Hi Mike,

Not specific to the doors, but when you remove the screws and lift the entire top panel up into the servicing position the arm that props the panel up is secured to that panel by a little plastic clip. This clip (looks exactly like a household cable clip) will probably be brittle from age and heat and VERY vulnerable to snap, letting the panel fall. Fore-warned is fore-armed.

Cheers, Steve 

• 12-31-2007 5:53 AM In reply to

Re: beocenter 9500

There could be a number of reasons for the doors not operating correctly.

Assuming that they do at least try. ie NOT an electronic fault then the primary rubber drive bands could have stretched/gone hard/broken. These can be replaced with spares from your dealer. Order spares for a 9300, they are the same!

The drive strings may have broken/dropped off of the wheels. These can also be replaced with spares items for the 9300. Warning - considerable patience and manual dexterity is required to replace these so DO NOT proceed with gay abandon.

The slide channels may be clogged with dust/grime. Clean out with cotton wool bud damped with isopropanol. Lubricate with nothing more than silicone spray applied with a cotton bud (ie spray onto the bud and applied to the channels)

Hope this helps

Regards Graham

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)