in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-09-2008 2:57 PM by andyfox33. 26 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-30-2007 11:34 AM

Configuring BeoSound 9000 and Beo Active?

Hi , I have a Beosound 9000 with beolab 8000's connected directly with powerlink cables. i have recently connected a beolink active box and a pair of Pentas in a separate room. I cannot get the pentas to fire up whatever i try. i have set the link room to option 6 on the L.OPT. the IR module responds and the lights appear to work correctly but there is no response, or sound from the pentas. (Connected in a daisy chain manner with the powerlink cables) Does anyone have a clue, am i missing something fundemental? I have checked all the cables with a multi meter and all appears to be correct. i have voltages at the active end of the masterlink with a CD Playing which would indicate that power is getting through.  Many Thanks
  • 12-30-2007 12:02 PM In reply to

Re: Configuring BeoSound 9000 and Beo Active?

You don't use L.Opt to set the Option as you will need to press Link each time. Just use A.Opt and set it to 6.
  • 12-30-2007 12:24 PM In reply to

Still no joy.. set a-opt in the link room with the pentas? have tried and get no response from the remote sensor. when i set l-opt to 6 is flashes of and on. what would i set at both ends? (ie on the BS9000 and the beolink).

• 12-30-2007 12:29 PM In reply to

If the 9000 is by itself in the main room with 8000s attached, it should be set to option 1. The link room should be option 6.
  • 12-30-2007 12:45 PM In reply to

Yes 9000, with 8000's attached with powerlink (2 separate links). Have turned the whole lot off, and back on, set the 9000 to option 1 (v-opt) and the link to option 6 in stand by (tried a-opt and l-opt). press cd, or link /cd in link room. Link speakers still wont respond. am beginning to suspect link box, but was definitely working correctly in previous installation.
  • 12-30-2007 12:50 PM In reply to

Sorry, Main system set to a-opt option 1, not v opt.
  • 12-30-2007 3:35 PM In reply to

Are the switches on the Pentas set correctly? You need the bottom switch set to Audio and the speaker switches set to L and R as required.
  • 12-30-2007 9:09 PM In reply to

Yep, all set as per recomendations.. l and r, input 3. audio, bass level1...
  • 12-31-2007 6:24 AM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Have you tried connecting the BeoLab Penta's directly to the BeoSound9000 in your main room to confirm that they are working?

Are you using fully wired PoerLink cables in the link room?

• 12-31-2007 6:50 AM In reply to

yep, pentas confirmed as working by connecting to BS9000, also put an ipod on the line in just to make sure that as working too. all OK. just to reiterate, there is also no control of main system from link room. this leads me to belive that its either a problem with the link box or a config issue with either the link box or the BS9000. its as if the box cant see the masterlink. is there a way to factory reset both systems to clear any previous config?
  • 12-31-2007 6:56 AM In reply to

Yes, also using fully wies powerlink cables. i have checked all the cables with a meter against the wiring diagrams and all are correct. just a thought but if you connect the BS9000 direct to the Link Active box, both ends of the masterlink cable are wired the same? i dont suppose one is meant to be wired opposite way round or something? i have is so pin 1 goes to pin1, pin 2 to pin 2, etc.
  • 12-31-2007 7:51 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

If there is only 1 link, then the ML cable is wired 'straight through'.  Assuming that you've tested the ML cable and it is OK, then try the following:

Unplug the Active kit from ML and AC/Mains.  Do the same for the 9000, unplug ML and AC.

Re plug the Active kit (ML first, then AC).  Make sure the ML is nice and snug.

Next reconnect ML at the 9000 (nice and snug), and LASTLY, attach AC/Mains power to the 9000.

If you have an older 9000 then the big red power button will disconnect the unit from power just fine, but do reconnect the ML cable as directed.  If you have an older Active kit, then try L. Opt 1 as opposed to 6.

Russ

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 12-31-2007 8:08 AM In reply to

Hi Russ, thanks for the info on the cable.. at least i can rule that out as wired correctly.

BS9000 is Mk 3 and Link Box is 1636 Sw1.1

Have tried suggestion but stil no change. Appears that link box will not accept L-opt 1 as remote light does not flash as it does when you select 6. is this indicative of anything?

• 12-31-2007 8:28 AM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

You have my sympathies, I bet you feel like you are going around in circles with this one.

The BeoSound9000 is A.Opt1 and the BeoLink Active is L.Opt5 assuming that you have no video equipment connected. 

If you do have a video master in the system, then put the BeoSound9000 in A.Opt2 and the BeoLink Active in L.Opt6

Option 1 & 2 are main room options. 1 means product only responds to like controls (Audio OR video), 2 means that the product responds to Audio AND Video commands.  Options 5 & 6 are the link room versions of these set ups.

Try unplugging the ML cable from the BeoLink active, programing with L.Opt5, power off, re-connect ML cable then power up again.

Good luck and don't let it spoil your New Years celebrations.

• 12-31-2007 8:43 AM In reply to

Hi Opman, for info these are the only two products in the system.. no Video.

Still no joy, i cant see why there isnt even a glimer from the link room.. surely something should happen!!

Beginning to look like the trusty ipod for new years eve! thanks anyway.. any suggestions greatfully recieved at this stage!

• 01-02-2008 8:01 AM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Hi Andy

Happy New Year.  I hope that your technical glitch didn't cause you to much of a headache, that's what alcohol was invented for.

Just pondering your set up again.  Is the Masterlink cable from the main room to the link room jointed somewhere? 

B&O make a junction box to splice ML cable/s together.  When you use this it "commons" the pink and striped blue strand.  If you joint the cable with a standard terminal strip connector and don't common pink/striped blue the system will not operate.

B&O make a dedicated signal tester to check for continuity down ML and PL cables.  The ML test would show if there is a problem on a particular colour. It might be worth trying to borrow one from your local dealer.

Regards 

Opman

• 01-02-2008 2:28 PM In reply to

Brilliant! that sounds much more like it! i have not used a standard Junction box.. will get one and try it.. we had come to a similar conclusion that it was a masterlink problem.. this sounds promising.. i will try this and post the results. (all of a sudden i have renewed hope, and can put the beer away..!)
  • 01-03-2008 5:03 PM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Hi Andy, 

You don't need to get a proper ML junction box.  Just make sure that you common the pink and striped blue strands in your terminal strip.  As is always the case, power everything off while re-doing the ML connection.

Good luck. 

Opman.

• 01-04-2008 5:12 PM In reply to

My Renewed hopes have once again been dashed!! Remade the masterlink cable and tested connections against the BnO Junction box.. now identical with the shorting link in.. STILL no response.. am going to sleep on it and retry tomorrow.. at least i have found something wrong.. tomorrow it will work,, just you watch!! i was sure that was it!
  • 01-04-2008 5:40 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Opman - thank you for your input here!

andyfox33 - good luck, i'm now watching this thread like a soap on TV -  I'm on the edge of my seat !!

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 01-04-2008 6:43 PM In reply to

Hi Andy,

I know you said not to bother but i'd like to rule your leads out of the equation (no offence Wink ), if you have no luck in the morning I'll send you a factory wired masterlink cable, new beolink active and link eye, just let me know before 2pm so i can catch the post office. Good luck

p.s just a thought but i do seem to remember hearing once that the ir cables are sensitive if cut down in length, hopefully someone can confirm this.

When you get those babies working you know it'll be worth it!  Smile

jay

jason

• 01-04-2008 7:17 PM In reply to

• kallasr
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Willich, NRW, Germany
    • Posts 1,077
    • Founder

I suggest getting a ML cable and setting it all up in one room. Option L.Opt 4 (L-shaped room). If this works, it must be your cabling.

Ralf

My Beo: Beosound 3000, Beolab 4000, Beo 4 DVD,  Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000, Beovox S45.2 with Stands, Beosystem 7000 black with Beolink 7000, Beolink 1000, F1000 (3 cubes), Beovox 5000, Beovox 3000, Attyca 1.

• 01-05-2008 7:32 AM In reply to

I, as you all are am pretty convinced that its something to do with the masterlink cable, or the active box its self.. Jay is going to send me a replacement set to test with.. will keep you all updated on the progress!
  • 01-05-2008 8:31 AM In reply to

Hi Jay, on the IR Cable point, the connection details say to cut it to length and that the only stipulations are that it shouldnt be over 5 M long..
  • 01-05-2008 9:17 AM In reply to

hi andy, 

ill send everything recorded today so hopefully should be with you monday, my moneys on it been your masterlink cable but this way we can rule everything out one by one

ill catch up on the omnibus mondayBig Smile

jay

jason

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >