in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-06-2008 8:42 PM by SWISS_2. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-01-2008 12:35 PM

SHOCK NEWS ** DELL GO BUST !!!

read this on another site

"Michael Dell shuts down company, gives the money back to shareholders

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 10:30 AM EDT

By Siddhartha Finch

Facing increasing irrelevance amidst declining sales of OS-limited PCs and dramatic market share losses, Michael Dell today announced that he's shutting down the company and giving the money back to the shareholders.

"All of this cost-cutting is meaningless in the end," Dell said in the press release. "Sooner or later you hit bottom; you just run out of places to cut. What are we supposed to do, sell 1,000 computers at a 1-cent margin? That's a measly $10 net profit. Forget it. It's no longer worth the effort."

At a press conference in front of his just-emptied Austin PC assembly plant, Dell appeared resigned, asking, "Seriously, why buy an OS-limited Dell, when you can get an OS-unlimited Mac from Apple? HP, Toshiba, Sony, Lenovo, I could've dealt with, but Apple... I can't compete with that. Slapping colored paint on laptop cases to try to generate some consumer sales from the clueless just wasn't working. "

According to industry sources, Michael Dell personally approached Apple CEO Steve Jobs in late 2007 with an offer to license Mac OS X to replace the poorly-received Windows Vista. Sources claim that Jobs simply told Dell, "Go pound sand, Bozo."

Dell declined to comment about reports of his brief meeting with Jobs. At press time, Apple had not responded to a request for comment.

When asked what he plans to do next, Dell said, "I plan to spend more time with my family, maybe do some golden parachuting, and, yes, get a Mac."

Source: Dell Inc 

popgear is grate™

• 04-05-2008 8:26 AM In reply to

Re: SHOCK NEWS ** DELL GO BUST !!!

Sorry - I think this one has been waiting to be moderated for - maybe 4 days!! Laughing
  • 04-05-2008 10:43 AM In reply to

Peter

If you look at the date of the original and the content I suspect it's past it's sell-by date!

Simon 

• 04-05-2008 12:57 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

wirralsimon:

Peter

If you look at the date of the original and the content I suspect it's past it's sell-by date!

Simon 

Yes I agree with you Simon, the words April and fool spring to mind.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-05-2008 12:57 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Sorry, double post.Embarrassed

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-05-2008 1:27 PM In reply to

wirralsimon:

Peter

Simon 

I think I had possibly noticed! Too good to discard though! 

• 04-05-2008 3:11 PM In reply to

• camshaft
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Pennsylvania, USA
    • Posts 575
    • Founder

Even without the date, the quotes are obviously a joke too.
    -Austin (resident audiophile skeptic)
  • 04-06-2008 5:29 PM In reply to

maybe not..

"Dell plans to cut more jobs than the 8,800 it had targeted as it seeks to reduce expenses by at least $3 billion annually by 2011, Chief Executive Michael Dell said Thursday," Reuters reports.

Dell, "will 'go past' the job-cutting goal it first announced in May, 2007, the CEO said near company headquarters in Round Rock, Texas, at the company's first analyst meeting since 2005," Reuters reports. "'We are not satisfied with the current state of affairs and are on a mission to fix it,' said Dell, 43. 'Every area of the company is being pursued' for cost cuts."

couldn't happen to a nicer guy

:) 

popgear is grate™

• 04-06-2008 8:42 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Flappo, this post was just  . . . . . grate !
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)