in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-08-2008 10:17 PM by cltrenau. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-07-2008 9:47 PM

Beogram 4500 sound problem

I am new and need help, please. I have had a Beogram 4500 connected to a Beocenter 9300 with Beovox RL 6000 speakers for a year or so - all working well. until recently. There is now a problem when using the Beogram only.  There is a distortion of the sound in one speaker (it is not the speakers, as when I swap the speaker connections, there is always the distortion in one speaker).  I have cleaned and checked all the connections and it remains, only when using the Beogram.  The MMC4 cartridge/stylus came with the Beogram - not brand new, but it still looks good under the magnifying glass, and I doubt that it is the source, as the sound in one speaker is clear.  It is not the Beocenter either, as I have had that and the speakers for many years and there is no problem with the sound when using the radio.  Any ideas, please?
  • 03-08-2008 3:06 AM In reply to

Re: Beogram 4500 sound problem

I suppose you need to eliminate any part of the 9300. Try playing the Beogram through the Aux/TV socket - you will probably need to unscrew the 2 extra pins in the 7 pin DIN plug or it will get confused! If you still have the distortion, it is the Beogram. There is an RIAA amplifier in the 4500 and it could be possible that this is malfunctioning giving the distortion but I suspect that, despite its good looks, it is the cartridge.
  • 03-08-2008 3:55 AM In reply to

Agree with Peter, I have lost count of the number of good looking cartridges with this or similar faults.

Regards Graham

• 03-08-2008 10:17 PM In reply to

Thanks Peter & Graham, for your prompt responses.

I have tried as Peter suggested and still have the problem, so looks like I have to fork out for a new cartridge!

Christine 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)