in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-07-2008 7:08 PM by beobuff. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-07-2008 7:35 AM

US President receives BS3200

US President receives Bang & Olufsen sound system
    March 7, 2008
    Stories

What would you give the world's most powerful man if you really wanted to impress him? Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen was in no doubt about the right gift when he visited US President George W. Bush at his Crawford Ranch in Texas. The Prime Minister gave the President a BeoSound 3200 sound system from bang & Olufsen with two black BeoLab 4000 loudspeakers.

The sound system and loudspeakers were bought for the Prime Minister by staff from the Danish Embassy in Washington, D.C. at Bang & Olufsen Tyson's Corner. Here, the Danish customers told salesman Dan Shank that the BeoSound 3200 system and BeoLab 4000 speakers were intended for a distinguished recipient, and that Dan would probably soon hear more about this through the media. When Dan heard the story on the news later on, he was of course rather proud – thrilled actually – that the music system he had sold had been presented as a gift to his President.

In fact, Bush is not the first US President to get a Bang & Olufsen sound system. Former US President Bill Clinton also received one from Denmark's Queen Margrethe, and has since gone on record saying that Bang & Olufsen makes the best sound systems in the world.

So, at the end of the day, some things probably are beyond politics after all – such as outstanding sound quality and true craftsmanship from Bang & Olufsen.

• 03-07-2008 7:38 AM In reply to

Re: US President receives BS3200

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/page.asp?id=81

www.bang-olufsen.com; newsroom; stories; march 7, 2008

Fun to read.

• 03-07-2008 7:55 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Ahhh...and I thought the 'American' jokes were stying in the BeoVision 7 threads.

Russ 

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 03-07-2008 8:00 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

RussR:

Ahhh...and I thought the 'American' jokes were stying in the BeoVision 7 threads.

Russ 

Sorry - deleted.  Was meant in jest of course, and aimed at george Dubya - but if there is a slight chance it may cause offence, it's one i don't wish to take.

Lee

Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 03-07-2008 8:12 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Lee, Lee, Lee...

Some of my favorite comedy is 'Monty Python'...I can take a joke, believe me.  Put it back up, or people will take me for a thin skinned leftie.

Stick out tongue

Russ 

We kid because we love.

McLean, VA USA

• 03-07-2008 8:15 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

The inside scoop has it that the Danes set it up, and the Danish PM did a demo and tutorial for W.  Would have loved to have seen that; as I always cringe seeing the Danes B&O have in the US on the sales floor; although in fairness to them (and Denmark) these guys are management, not really sales.

;-)

Russ 

We kid because we love.

McLean, VA USA

• 03-07-2008 3:39 PM In reply to

Shame that Mr. President will probably dump it in his back yard and stick with his BOSE system instead.

• 03-07-2008 7:08 PM In reply to

I guess even Country & Western music sounds better through a B&O system. ;-) Mind you, my system has never been subjected to such fare. De gustibus and all that sort of thing.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)