in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-27-2008 8:21 PM by jvezina. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-25-2008 12:19 PM

BS 9000 & Non-B&O Speakers

Dear All:

How and what do I need to connect a BS 9000 to non-B&O speakers?

Thank you,

Dario 

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I see no foe... Thoreau
    Filed under:
  • 02-25-2008 12:47 PM In reply to

Re: BS 9000 & Non-B&O Speakers

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160211659647

You need a AUX to cinch cable, that does both record and play or output and input.

I think that the BS9000 will switch into option 0 without speaker attached, but I believe you can overwrite that with the remote.

Cheers

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 02-25-2008 12:47 PM In reply to

The BS9000 is only suitable for use with active speakers unless you plan to use a separate amplifier.

Please clarify.

Regards Graham

• 02-25-2008 12:53 PM In reply to

Ups. I was assuming you have an external amplifier.

Beolink Passive connected through ML might work as well if you dont have that.

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 02-25-2008 2:17 PM In reply to

Yes the beolink passive connected with ML would work or you could use a third party power amp connected to the powerlink socket on the 9000 with a suitable adapter lead, possibly DIN-RCA

Regards Graham

• 02-25-2008 2:18 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Southern CA
    • Posts 137
    • Bronze Member

If you dont have an amp you need to get a ML to MLC converter to power the speakers. Make sure you use a MKII (thick) powerlink cable from the 9000 to the ML/MCL... also you will need to order the 2 pin din plugs for the amp to use regular speaker wire. 
    -Alex
  • 02-25-2008 7:52 PM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

To get the signal out. 

Try getting a 4 way RCA to DIN connector. That way you can run an incoming signal and an outgoing signal. The outgoing RCA is a line level so it can be connected to an external amplifier with you speakers attached. Do you have an amp, a TV, Stereo anything with line level input and speakers attached.?

You can buy a Beolink Passive and a powerlink cable to connect direct to the BS9000. The Passive is good for 30x Watts RMS approximately so you best check the speakers. Volume works through the Beo4 in this case.

You can use a BL3500 to connect via powerlink as well or ML.

You can also get an adapter that connects ML to Line level audio. These are available in the US. I have never used this option...

There is a earphone socket as well...

Hope that helps, beoaus.

• 02-25-2008 9:25 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Wow, are you ever getting every possible answer, only in a lot of bits and pieces.  Let's see if we can straighten this all out.

As you will have gathered by now, you will at the very least need a power amplifier attached to the PowerLink(8-pin socket) on the BS-9000.  Here you have two options, the B&O way, and third party.  If you go B&O, then you will, indeed, need the fully wired (MKII) PoerLink cable, and the 2-pin speaker adaptor, as well as the ML-MCL Converter, which is a 60 watt amplifier.  If you go 3rd party, then you will need the DIN-RCA adaptor (6270302), and a setof RCA cables long enough to reach the 2-channel power amplifier of your choice.  As mentioned elsewhere, you will need to force the 9000 into Audio Option 1.

If you already have a nice stereo or surround receiver which you are just dying to keep, then you will want to attach the 9000 to the DC input on that device.  To do that you will need a 4-RCA to DIN adaptor.  These are harder to get (at least here in the US), but you can get one through B&O.  You will plug the adaptor into the AUX socket (7-pin) on the 9000.  You sill spend 5 minutes figuring out which RCA pair is the output pair.  You will need to force the BS-9000 into A-Opt. 1.  The 9000 will act lie it ought to, but the non-B&O receiver will be in charge of volume, tone, and balance, just like for everything else plugged into it.

All of the other suggestions (some of them fine), are just noise at this point.  The Headphone jack gets you nothing that the PL socket doesn't provide, except for a little more noise, I am not aware of any ML-to-Line level adaptor, and unless you're doing a multi-room setup, there is no need to get any more complex than the 2 solutions above.

Let me know if there are any other questions.

Russ

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 02-26-2008 4:11 PM In reply to

To straighten this all out:

http://www.detoma.com/download/A102_e.pdf

Very good amp, with zero knobs. This amp will follow any B&O device through the PL-out. 

• 02-26-2008 10:57 PM In reply to

DoubleU:

To straighten this all out:

http://www.detoma.com/download/A102_e.pdf

Very good amp, with zero knobs. This amp will follow any B&O device through the PL-out. 

I also recommend it! I have one connected to my BV-7 to drive a pair of passive loudspeakers. Switching at power on/off is fully automatic with no annoying noises. Detoma converted it to 120 volts before shipping it to me in Canada.

Regards,

Jean

• 02-27-2008 1:29 PM In reply to

Dear Jean & All: 

Thank you for the helpful ideas.  Jean, about how much was the whole package from Detoma.  I seems like the best solution.

Thank you,

Dario 

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I see no foe... Thoreau
  • 02-27-2008 8:21 PM In reply to

darioazul:

Dear Jean & All: 

Thank you for the helpful ideas.  Jean, about how much was the whole package from Detoma.  I seems like the best solution.

Thank you,

Dario 

You have mail!

Jean

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)