in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-07-2008 4:37 PM by plruzza. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-06-2008 7:36 PM

Bang & Olufsen Ouverture CD replacement...need photo of power supply board PCB2...

I received CD replacement kit for B&O Ouverture.

The kit consistes of more parts:

-CD mechanism CD-Pro II

-board PCB87

-new cover

-new leads

-new CD chassis

....and...

-capacitor 470uF/25V (C77 on power supply board - PCB2...coordinate 1A)

-resistor 180 ohm 1/4 W (R74 on power supply board - PCB2...coordinate 1A)

-resistor 15K ohm 1/8 W (R143 on power supply board - PCB2...coordinate 1A)

I olready replaced most of the components but I don't have schematics for this power supply board and I don't know position of R74 and R143.

Please if somebody have schematics diagram send me photo of 1A field of PCB2 power board where is visible position of these two resistors.

Thanks in advance and best regards 

-

• 04-07-2008 2:47 AM In reply to

Re: Bang & Olufsen Ouverture CD replacement...need photo of power supply board PCB2...

A Very warm welcome to Beoworld.

The full Service Manual in 4 parts in available in the Beoworld Library which includes details of the Ouverture Power Supply module 12 and not PCB2. In the instructions which came with your kit there is an error and it should have said "power Supply PCB 12

To get the full Service manual you will need to upgrade your membership which is well worth the investment, however not wishing to hold up your upgrade project below is the part of the circuit diagram which is being updated and effects the switching on of the CD.

We look forward to seeing the upgrade to your membership in the near future.

Regards Keith....

• 04-07-2008 9:22 AM In reply to

Re: Bang & Olufsen Ouverture CD replacement...need photo of power supply board PCB2...

Thank you, Very fast reply and great help for me. Yes I will serious think about upgrading my membership in "BeoWorld" but for now I am 90 percent in "BOSE World" If you need something for "BOSE" don't hesitate to ask me, I have all (user manuals, service manuals, service information...) and I will be happy to help you. Best regards plruzza@mweb.co.zw
  • 04-07-2008 2:51 PM In reply to

• majand
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-26-2008
    • Helsinki
    • Posts 72
    • Gold Member

Hi, is this replacement kit some kind of an update to Ouverture CD?

What are the benefits? And where can I obtain one and on what price?

Thanks and regards,

Pekka

• 04-07-2008 3:04 PM In reply to

You won't need this particular kit as your Ouverture already has a linear laser.

Contact your B&O dealer who will be able to quote a price for a replacement for your particular model. You cannot get the spares from anywhere else I'm afraid as the cd mech is a modified CD Pro II.

Regards Graham

• 04-07-2008 4:37 PM In reply to

Sorry I don't have too much information. My friend brought me Ouverture and CD kit with instruction and I am replacing that...I don't know where he bought  this kit and how much he paid for it.

Also I don't know why B&O replacing all these components but not only laser unit or CD mechanism (like usually). Maybe old laser unit for Ouverture is already out of productions!?

I will try to collect more information about price and source soon...

Regards

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)