in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-02-2007 5:02 PM by soundproof. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-01-2007 7:08 PM

Open Mind CD

I just stumbled across a B&O CD called "Open Mind Volume 3" and decided to give it a try, as it looked well produced.

Am I alone in thinking the post-production studio team must have been wetting themselves laughing all the way to the bank? It is quite categorically the most cheesey drivel ever to have been played under my roof, and I'm embarrassed to admit it actually went through the wires of my B&O.

A couple of tracks verge on the just-about-listenable-if-the-alternative-is-James-Blunt, but I wouldn't dare even to use the disc as a coaster. In fact I wouldn't subject my cat to it, even if it had just dug its claws into the sofa and then puked on the stairs (again).

Perhaps it's meant to be ironic comedy?

Either way, I want my hour back please.

</rant> And breathe...

• 05-02-2007 4:49 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Re: Open Mind CD

Did ya not like it then?

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 05-02-2007 5:02 PM In reply to

Re: Open Mind CD

You will need to purge the music system if you've run that through it. I think it actually freezes up the drivers of your speakers.

But then you should hear what thousands of unsuspecting German B&O customers were subjected to not that long ago ... it's probably very hard to pick something that satisfies "everybody". But I think such compilation CDs very rarely work to any useful purpose. Producing a high-quality record, with a leading artist, is very expensive. When advertisers put together music in this fashion they rarely spend anything approaching what it costs to do a proper recording. Or else they're just buying cheap off-the-rack music that is not rights controlled.

At any rate, it's rarely satisfying to the ears! Smile

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)