in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-21-2008 9:43 AM by TripEnglish. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-21-2008 7:29 AM

Beolab home cinema setup with non Beo System

Hi,

I am about to give up my Beo Vision 3, but simple can not let go of my loadspeakers (like them to much).

I have today a Beovision 3 hooked up to 2 Beolab 8000, 2 Beolab 4000 an a Beolab 2
    My intention now is to add another pair of Beo lab 4000 to use as centre speakers and to go for a new non Beo television. My Beo Vision 3 starts to get quite outdated and I also need a bigger screen .

To my understanding I should be able to connect the BeoLab 4000 and 8000 (Line input) to the pre-out on the new (non B&O) home cinema reciever.
    BUT !!!  - How do I manage to connect the Beolab 2 to my non B&O reciever ? is it possible ?  My Beo store tells me it can't be done.

The best solution would of course be a Beovision 7 or a Beo system 3 ( that would solve it all for me) but at this moment I do not feel like putting up the cash needed. If I can keep my B&O speakers now I can always update a to a new BeoVision or a System 3 at a later stage.

Thankful for you input on the BeoLab 2 issue (and confirmation about the other speaker set up)

BR

MagnusJ 

• 02-21-2008 9:43 AM In reply to

Re: Beolab home cinema setup with non Beo System

Magnus,

There are two things at issue as I see it. Here in the united states we have an adaptor for using the BeoLab 2 & BeoLab 7s without a BeoSystem product. Basically it is a PowerLink to 1 or 2 RCA that would plug into either a traditional LFE output or a stereo subwoofer output. It also has a lead that runs either to a low voltage trigger in the AV receiver or to the mains to keep the BeoLab 2 turned on. Since there is no LINE input, there is no way to sense a signal, so without this adaptor the BeoLab 2 would simply never turn on. I know that this is custom made for us here, but your dealer should have access to one. Try asking another associate who may have been around longer. It is a rare piece and I wouldn't expect everyone to know about it.  

Also, in a non B&O setup, you would not need (or likely even be able to use) a pair of BeoLab 4000s. The center channel is a mono channel so you would only use one. In this case it may make more sense to buy a single unit second hand. There was a time when dealers had single speakers on hand for such applications, but since the BeoLab 7s were introduced, the BeoLab 4000s are used less and less as center channels.

Good luck 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)