in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-22-2009 3:55 AM by KimB. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-21-2009 4:08 AM

• KimB
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-22-2009
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Cd player problem on Beosound 9000

Hi, I have a BS9000 mrk II which I am very happy about but the cd player is giving me some trouble. When I am playing a CD it kind of skip a bit on every secund track. The music stop for a secund or 2 and then continue playing. The problem is worst when the system is placed upright on the floorstand. I have tried to clean the cd lense and the lense/eyes for the glasscover with no luck. Is there any other good tricks that I can try before shipping it into for repair ? Is this a commen problem for a 8 year old system ? I am of course a little afraid that they just replace the whole cd player with a new for a high cost and I rather spend the money on music instead of a repair.

Best regard

Kim

• 03-21-2009 9:43 AM In reply to

Re: Cd player problem on Beosound 9000

Hi, the cost of replacing a CD laser - if that is the problem - is not exhorbitant, but it all depends on what you are being charged.  Where are you and who are you considering using? 

• 03-22-2009 3:55 AM In reply to

• KimB
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-22-2009
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Re: Cd player problem on Beosound 9000

Hi, sounds good, I am located in Denmark and I have been told that I have to use a special B&O repair center because they are the only one that can get the parts from B&O. I have found a dealer who is selling only the laser unit, VAM 1205. Is it a simple change of the unit or will I need special tools to adjust the laser after replacement. Anyone with experiance ?
    I can get a VAM1205 and a VAM1206, both of them should be for the Beosound 9000 but ehat is the difference ?
    Many regards
    Kim

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)