in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-06-2008 8:28 AM by Tom Morgan. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-04-2008 8:41 PM

• Tom Morgan
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-13-2007
    • Rochester Hills, MI
    • Posts 46
    • Bronze Member

Wall (shelf) mounting of BeoCenter 2300

I recently bought my mother-in-law a BC2300 w/ Beolab 2500 spkr's, for her Florida home.  Aren't I a nice son-in-law! Big Smile However, she really doesn't have any floor standing shelves, table, or an entertaiment system rack of any kind to place it on.  I have investigated and now given up on wall mounting it using either the STB wall mounting system (way too expensive) or the B&O wall bracket (way too unavailable).

Does anyone use a simple/elegant wall mounted shelf to hold their Beocenter, that you would recommend?  I have seen many nice shelf units at the store, but most of them will hold pictures and nic-nak's, but will not hold the weight of a BeoCenter.  At least not that I would trust.  From my measurements the shelf should be about 36" wide and can be as little as 8" deep, but 10 or 11" is probably ideal.

I would love to see some pictures of how others may have done this, but really didn't find any pic's in the photo gallery.  At least not very readily.  If anybody has any good ideas, I would appreciate it and some pic's if you have them.  I have fly down there in a couple weeks to hook it up, but need to find a good shelf before I go.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

• 02-05-2008 3:30 AM In reply to

• kallasr
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Willich, NRW, Germany
    • Posts 1,077
    • Founder

Re: Wall (shelf) mounting of BeoCenter 2300

Look at our sponsors page: http://www.stbbrackets.co.uk/?page=prodlist&catID=11

This will be the best solution - used ones on ebay from time to time....

Ralf

My Beo: Beosound 3000, Beolab 4000, Beo 4 DVD,  Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000, Beovox S45.2 with Stands, Beosystem 7000 black with Beolink 7000, Beolink 1000, F1000 (3 cubes), Beovox 5000, Beovox 3000, Attyca 1.

• 02-05-2008 8:29 AM In reply to

• Tom Morgan
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-13-2007
    • Rochester Hills, MI
    • Posts 46
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Ralf for pointing this out, but I just can't so it.  230 pounds is about $500US, and with shipping it would certainly get to that number.  I paid barely over $500 for the whole Beocenter with speakers.  I am not going to pay the same amount just for a wall bracket.  I think these brackets are just great, but I do not think they are worth more that about $75 (about 35-40 pounds).  I think I can buy a really nice, modern, contemporary shelf for around 50 bucks.  If I see one on eBay, I'll cetainly consider, but new is just crazy.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this with me.  Very thoughtful!

Best regards,

Tom

• 02-05-2008 8:52 AM In reply to

• kallasr
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Willich, NRW, Germany
    • Posts 1,077
    • Founder

You can always get something made like this one.

See third picture.

By the way - the guy is selling just the wall mount - and shipping worldwide - might be just right for you...

Ralf

PS: The original one is also on ebay in Germany, but a higher costs - see here.

My Beo: Beosound 3000, Beolab 4000, Beo 4 DVD,  Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000, Beovox S45.2 with Stands, Beosystem 7000 black with Beolink 7000, Beolink 1000, F1000 (3 cubes), Beovox 5000, Beovox 3000, Attyca 1.

• 02-05-2008 9:03 AM In reply to

• Tom Morgan
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-13-2007
    • Rochester Hills, MI
    • Posts 46
    • Bronze Member

Ralk,

Wow!  Now that is what I am talking about.  It would be nice if I could read german, as I could better understand what is going on here.  But it looks to me as if this is a one of kind unit.  I think this Seller should start producing these for people.  If the unit goes for the current bid price, it would seem to be a good deal, indeed.  The only thing I notice, is that it looks like the unit is bending slightly (sagging) in the middle, under the full weight of the Beocenter.  It would also need to be painted black, so you don't see the "silver" color of the metal.

Anyway, I like it!  Many thanks again for sharing.  You are too kind!

Regards, Tom

• 02-05-2008 11:52 AM In reply to

I suggest that it would be wise to search out a B&O original as the items are firmly fixed to the bracket and cannot fall off causing damage or more important injury to persons in the vacinity.

Regards Graham

• 02-05-2008 5:00 PM In reply to

• Tom Morgan
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-13-2007
    • Rochester Hills, MI
    • Posts 46
    • Bronze Member

Hi Graham,  You are probably right.  Although I liked the concept of that particular shelf, there seemed to be a certain "flimsiness" about it.

Thanks, Tom

• 02-05-2008 6:33 PM In reply to

• pdoisy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Italy
    • Posts 41
    • Bronze Member

Tom, I have looked at the pictures.

IMO, the "bending" you are talking about is due to the short focal lens used for the snapshop and not because of the weight of the unit. In other terms, the guy took the picture from close up, needing a wide view angle and then resulting in a "fish eye" effect.

This effect is also visible on the vertical line on the right.

Just my 2 cents. Cheers. 

• 02-05-2008 9:32 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

There is nothing flimsy about this shelf. It is evident that it is quite well made, and a good price.

The seller is manufacturing the piece by bending it in a hydraulic power press, 15 T or more. Zoom up on the third photo and you will note the countersunk mounting holes, also machined.

You can lightly sand Alu or Steel and paint it with a flat high temperature paint and it will not flake.

• 02-06-2008 8:28 AM In reply to

• Tom Morgan
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-13-2007
    • Rochester Hills, MI
    • Posts 46
    • Bronze Member

Thanks to you and others for pointing out the construction details of this shelf, which seems quite satisfactory.  Didn't mean to imply it was "cheaply constructed".  Hope there was no offense taken.  Tom
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)