in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-06-2008 6:05 AM by Emmanuel92. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-05-2008 3:08 PM

Beolab 1 dark green

hi,

I have a question about BL1 dark green : is it true that this color is very rare? It's worth more than ALU or BLACK color?

Anyone has a picture of them?

thanks,

constantine

all sold!

• 02-05-2008 7:44 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: Beolab 1 dark green

Hi Constantine!

Yes, Green is rare on the BeoLab 1.. mainly for the reason not many people liked it so didn't buy it.

Is Green worth more than Aluminium or Black? Good question, and the apparent answer would be no as more people like Silver/Alu.  However, the man looking specifically for a pair of Green BL1's would be so lucky to find a pair for sale he may pay more due to their relative rarity. It depends on the seller and the way he/she thinks i suppose!

As a comparison, when i used to own a performance/prestige car business, i used to travel the whole country to buy manual gearbox Jaguar XJ40's. People in the trade thought i was completely mad, but i used to buy them for about 40% less than the Automatics and sell them for exactly the same!!   I used to get people travelling from all over the country to buy them - and they were always SO happy to have found a manual Jaguar as they hated Automatics.

From a non-business perspective, i thought they were mad as manual Jag 'boxes were like stirring a bucket of porridge with a wooden spoon - but it was their rarity that sold them. Same case for the Green BeoLab 1's ? Perhaps..

Lee

Smile 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 02-05-2008 9:22 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Quite rare. It looks very striking in person.

Is this in regards to the pair on sale over your way on EBAY ?

• 02-06-2008 6:05 AM In reply to

11048437:
    Anyone has a picture of them?

Hi Constantine,

No picture except those from the media center !

I love this color too !

Quoi de mieux qu'un BeoLab 2 ? 2 BeoLab 2 !

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)