in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-04-2008 10:01 AM by Trucker. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-31-2008 6:48 AM

• Trucker
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-22-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 33
    • Founder

BV7 sound scales

AngryHej,

Can`t the BV7 mrk III read the new sound scales: Dolby digital plus, Dolby true digital, and DTS digital  sound?

I have connected a Toshiba HD-DVD E10 to my BV7 with HDMI and set it up in the TV menu with both sound and picture as HDMI.

When I Play a HD-DVD the back speakers in my sourround will not turn on. I can force it with beo 4 by choosing speaker 5, but the sound is very low og bad. the sound  transmitting from  the tosh. to my TV is dolby digital plus. In the menu activ sound system on my TV it says sound in: PCM and sound out: multichannel. When I play SD-DVD`s  from TV or TOSH. no problem the back speaker turns on as they should.I have asked the dealer about the problem but he could not solve it. He had asked Struer, but still have no answer after 4 weeks..

Do any of you have problems with sourround sound when playing Blue-ray or HD-DVD on you BV 7 mrk. III.?

yours

trucker

• 02-01-2008 4:18 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: BV7 sound scales

Does anyone know the answer (or have any suggestions) ?  If it's taken Struer 4 weeks and no reply, i guess it's a difficult one!!

Lee 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 02-04-2008 9:19 AM In reply to

• Trucker
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-22-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 33
    • Founder

Hi!,

Is`nt there anybody who have experiences in playing HD-disk or Blue Ray disc, through BV 7III?

Trucker

• 02-04-2008 9:30 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Trucker:

Hi!,

Is`nt there anybody who have experiences in playing HD-disk or Blue Ray disc, through BV 7III?

Do you mean the BV7-32 MKIII or the new BV7-40 MKIII (which is BS3 based)? I'm assuming there's a big difference between the two.

Never used Blu-ray on my old BV7-32, but I use a PS3 to watch Blu-ray on my BV7-40 MKIII and it's fine, whatever sound source I select. Indeed, the audio is the best part of a Blu-ray as it's often uncompressed.

• 02-04-2008 10:01 AM In reply to

• Trucker
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-22-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 33
    • Founder

Hi` moxxey,

Sorry, it is a BV7 mrk. III 40. As you can see from earlier post I can`t get sound i the rear speakers. When palying DVD`s all speakers turn on. The sound source from the HD-palyer is Dolby digital+ and think  may be the BV7 cannot read that scale?

It must then be the HD-player that there is something wrong with if you have no problems.

Do you have a surround set up?

Thank you for your quick replay.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)