in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-26-2008 12:37 PM by tdinham. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-26-2008 5:45 AM

Confused about Beomedia connectivity - Help please

Please can anyone help - I have a Beovision 3 set as a video master, with video slaves being, an MX4002, Avant with VCR, and a Beovison 5. My audio master is an Overture tuner/tape.

I would like to introduce a Beomedia connected to the Beovison 3, I appreciate that the best video connection would be to the Beovision 5 but it is not possible due to cable issues for set top boxes etc.  I am getting more and more confused as I am being told many different stories from various B&O dealers. 

My questions are   

1) Will what I propose work with the above setup

2) I have been told I need to change the Overture for a 3000 or 3200 to get NRadio etc to work with the Beomedia. On the other hand I have been told I do not have to change the Overture. - What is the true position?

3) I have also been told the a Beomedia connected as above will be fine with the slave Beovison 5 but will not show anything on the Avant or the MX4002 - Is this true and why

Please can anyone comment as I would like to go forward as soon as possible?

Terry

• 01-26-2008 6:49 AM In reply to

Re: Confused about Beomedia connectivity - Help please

Have you run your configuration through the Product Configuration Guide? This should give you the answer. I would do it for you but it doesn't work with my Mac!
  • 01-26-2008 10:26 AM In reply to

• Jeuke
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-29-2007
    • Posts 41
    • Bronze Member

Good meurning Terry,

Some additional questions first,

1. your Beovision 3 is it a 32" model with masterlink ( normally )

2. Your Ouverture ( are you sure is not BS 3000, would safe lot of trouble ) has additional speakers on it? or only connected with ML to Beovision 3

Then, is is possible but your tv will probably need a modulator kit update or even two!!!!

Second the ouverture can not give N.radio or N.music to the masterlink and therefore to other rooms!!!!

You can only connect Beomedia to Beovision 3 with a scart to Y/C - minijack on beomedia.

Further, if Beovision 3 is a MkIII so type 881X and software is higher then 15.1 or 15.1 rhen you will not need an additional IR - on the beomedia, if not  an IR - eye is mounted on Beomedia ( these specs you find on the sticker on the back of your BV 3 )

Bonne chance

Philip

• 01-26-2008 10:28 AM In reply to

• Jeuke
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-29-2007
    • Posts 41
    • Bronze Member

sorry for my horrible spelling
  • 01-26-2008 10:35 AM In reply to

tdinham:
    1) Will what I propose work with the above setup

2) I have been told I need to change the Overture for a 3000 or 3200 to get NRadio etc to work with the Beomedia. On the other hand I have been told I do not have to change the Overture. - What is the true position?

3) I have also been told the a Beomedia connected as above will be fine with the slave Beovison 5 but will not show anything on the Avant or the MX4002 - Is this true and why

1) Don't realy know. But I think it should.

2) You need an up to date audio system or a Beocenter 2 for distribution of N.Radio and N.Music. Sorry.

You could navigate the Beomedia from your computer. This way you don't need a new audio master. But you have to control everything from your computer. Your system is better of with a BS3000 or if you like it a BS4 (prefered in your situation) . And try to get a Beomedia with lots of storage space. Or hook up an additional harddrive.

3) If your Beovision 3 has a coaxial cable running towards the MX4002 it should be o.k.

Let me explain. Our BV7 has 2 coaxial connectors on the back. For input and output of analog TV signals. The output is running towards the MX4002 in the bedroom. In the same system a digital TV box, BS3200, Beoport, Mac Mini and HDR1 are operational. All video and audio can be controlled at the MX4002; radio, TV, DTV, V.Tape (=HDR1), V.Mem (BS3200), DVD, CD

• 01-26-2008 12:37 PM In reply to

Thanks to all for the help - I am downloading the configuration guide now and I hope it helps to pont me in the right direction.

The sofware version of the Beovison 3 is 13.3 so it looks like an upgrade is needed. Just a litte more info on the setup I have now.  All the televisons are masterlink connected and also within an RF distribution system in the house.  At the momement all works fine the set top boxes connected to the Beovison 3 can be seen on all other televisons.  Also the Overture can distribute CD's Radio etc to all of the televisions.  So at the moment all works great but it seems the addition of Beomedia will not be to easy particularly in the audio/Nmusic side

Thanks again - Terry 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)