in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-25-2008 2:10 PM by cyrus. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-24-2008 1:57 PM

• cyrus
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-21-2008
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Beomic BM 8

Can anyone help a newcomer to the joys of B&O vintage products! I'm the proud new owner of a Beomic 8 (or BM8 or MD8 as I believe it is also known). I'd love to get it running through my studio equipment but am struggling to find a way to adapt the (I assume) original male plug to one that's compatible with more modern inputs. I'm really no expert on how older leads terminate and am terrible with the terminology, but the plug in question is about 11.5mm across its internal diameter, has 3 pins (the 2 on the central axis are about 7mm apart) with a tiny central socket, and a guiding ridge along the length of the internal bottom centre of the plug. I suppose what I'm trying to find out is firstly exactly the proper name for this kind of plug (is it a mini XLR, or a 3 pin din, or something else entirely), and secondly whether an adaptor is readily available to convert this into preferably a male XLR or even a 1/4" jack. Any advice or info would be gratefully received!

Many thanks, Cyrus.

Filed under:
  • 01-24-2008 2:53 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Beomic BM 8

Welcome to Beoworld !

The microphone's name is MD8 and the plug is a 3-pin male DIN.
    You should be able to find an adapter to match or you
    could just desolder the original plug (and keep it of course)
    and then solder on any other plug you'd like.

Martin

• 01-25-2008 2:10 PM In reply to

• cyrus
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-21-2008
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beomic BM 8

Thanks very much Martin, you've confirmed what I had almost deduced! I'm reluctant to desolder the original lead and plug if I can avoid it, so may try to wire up my own adapter; have also been informed that a 5 pin din socket might take the plug, so will try that too. I've tried everywhere in the UK that I can think of to get a ready made 3 pin to jack or XLR converter or lead, and they seem to be obsolete, so a DIY approach may be my only hope! Thanks again for your time and help, Cyrus.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)