in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-22-2008 1:46 PM by saf. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-22-2008 7:56 AM

Avant link problem!! Help!

The other day, I was trying to watch a DVD on a link TV. But pictue was blurry, and there was no sound - almost like a bad antenna signal.

Setup is as follows:

Master: Avant 32 RF DVD

Linked products: BS3200, speakers, 2 x beolink active and a BV4002.

I've tried to "solve" - or at least locate the problem myself, using the keppner treggoe method. Since i can use all the audio sources, and watch regualar tv on the BV4002, i assume that none of the cabels is broken. When i press "link -> tv" in the bedroom, the problem is the same: Blurry picture and no sound. I have tried to change the link frequency of the master, and retune the 4002, but again the same result.

My conclusion is, that it must be the antanna-signal-emulator (does a such word even exist) thats broken. Or is it?

Is there anything I could have overlooked - or done in another way?

Does anyone know the cost of replacing the broken emulator?

• 01-22-2008 1:46 PM In reply to

• saf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 458
    • Founder

Re: Avant link problem!! Help!

(Maybe you mean a 'modulator' and not an 'emulator')  I'm not a technical type, myself, hence I try to avoid the more advanced solutions to my problems to begin with: what happens to my setup sometimes is that the connecting cables (RF-cables nd/or SCARTs) kind of unplug from my TVs - I guess as a result of turning the stands and my sloppy installation. Try if this is not the case - replug them (the RF-cable in your case) properly and see if it helps.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)