in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-04-2009 3:25 PM by Peter. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-04-2009 1:45 PM

• keithb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-04-2009
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Belt replacement needed for Beocord 5000 type T4716

Hello.

I recently purchased a non-working Beocord 5000 (type T4716, 2 heads) at an estate sale.

After fixing a minor power supply issue, I got it working again.  However, most of the belts have deteriorated, and the belt between the main drive motor and the capstan has stretched and keeps slipping off.

I'm looking for a complete belt replacement kit (not just the capstan belt), but have had no luck locating somebody selling one.

My Beocord 5000 is the 'American' model type T4716, but I believe that the belts are the same as in the 'international' model type T4715.

Does anybody know a seller of belt kits for my deck?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Keith

• 04-04-2009 3:10 PM In reply to

• lausvi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Helsinki - Finland
    • Posts 498
    • Gold Member

Re: Belt replacement needed for Beocord 5000 type T4716

Be warned: the big drive belt under the cassette holder is very tricky to replace in these decks. Anyway if you have repaired any electronical fault in these I recon you have enough patience for this.

The other smaller belts near the rear of the deck are easy to replace, I think Dillen (Martin) of this forum will show up here soon and report if he has these belts in stock.

I have two BC5000s (one "for use' and one for parts) and I took the better of the belts and swapped them. Even now the deck is not working perfectly, changing from playback / fast forward to rewind usually means I need to turn the hubs by hand to get it going (the mechanism wont activate as teh belt slips). The deck is not in use anyway as because of that and the recording is not working, the perspex panels are scratched etc. But it playbacks nicely and looks great (from distance) - isn't that enough reason to keep it?! Wink

I also have a Beocord 2000, 3500 and the included decks in Beocenter 1400 and 9000 so I havent got much of interest lately of getting the 5000 working... Embarrassed

The service manual with the instructions is essential for this.

Bang & Olufsen - The art of controlling sound, picture and light

• 04-04-2009 3:25 PM In reply to

Re: Belt replacement needed for Beocord 5000 type T4716

Wonderful deck - the only true B&O cassette mechanism. However incredibly unreliable and prone to chew tapes! Mine has been serviced by about the only person I know who will touch these and needed parts machining for it. It still chews tapes! I would strongly recommend getting either a Beocord 2200 if you want this era of tape deck or a 8004/9000 if you want something to use. Martin probably does have the belts though.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)