in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-22-2008 5:48 AM by 9 LEE. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-21-2008 3:17 PM

• benkap
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Oslo, Norway
    • Posts 162
    • Bronze Member

Photo galleries and ease of use

I know it has come up from time to time on the forum so I apologize for bringing it up again.

But...I would really like to be able to upload my own photos and edit the photo captions myself etc.

As long as you have to submit photos 'remotely' the forum will miss out on photos from a lot of users, including me, and I'm sure a lot of great photos for inspiration and admiration for all.

Why not enable users to upload a limited amount of photos, maybe even graduate it according to your metal rating i.e. 3 photos for bronze, 5 for silver and 10 for gold (just an example). The photo size could also be limited to, say, 250 KB, and would still look good on a computer screen.

No offense to Ed, but it is clear by looking at the number of photos available in the gallery that I'm not alone in taking this point of view.
    I think it's a shame in such a good forum as this to lack this function and I really liked the way it worked on the old forum. 

Thanks for listening,
    Ben 

• 01-21-2008 3:24 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: Photo galleries and ease of use

Ben - we are acutely aware of this, and plan to change this in the near future. 

I will be meeting with Van at Firebrand over the next few weeks, and we will be discussing ways we can implement this smoothly and practically. It's an issue that has been hanging over us for a long time, and although Ed has done a great job - i think it needs more user input and management.

The only constraints we have is that the Forum is written by Community Server, and we are pretty tied to what the program will allow us to do. If we start custom-writing, it will cost a fortune - and we don't have that kind of money.  Expect to see changes soon though - all for the better!

Lee

Smile 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 01-21-2008 4:20 PM In reply to

That's good news Lee. I was looking at the galleries tonight and wishing we had this functionality. Will you keep us posted on the progress with this?

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 01-22-2008 5:41 AM In reply to

• benkap
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Oslo, Norway
    • Posts 162
    • Bronze Member

Very good news, indeed!

I will make sure I have some good photos ready Smile

• 01-22-2008 5:48 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

j0hnbarker:
    That's good news Lee. I was looking at the galleries tonight and wishing we had this functionality. Will you keep us posted on the progress with this?

Absolutely!  Just before the meeting i will be launching a big thread asking everyone on how they would like to improve the site too.  Some ideas may not be workable, some may not be - but if we can improve in any way, we will always do our best to try. Yes -  thumbs up

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)