in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-21-2008 3:41 PM by beotex. 20 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (21 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-18-2008 5:38 PM

• ChrDH
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 493
    • Founder

Hotels with B&O: I feel just at home...

Just to share my experience: I am staying at a hotel (Dragsholm Slot, http://www.dragsholm-slot.dk/ ) in relation to my work (we are having a conference here). The old castle is loaded with B&O, every room has a Beocenter 6 (different colour for each room), and the old dungeons where the resturant is has beolab 4 mounted in the cealings everywhere and a beosound 3000 and a ipod on aux as source. Here is a picture of the Beocenter 6 in my room.

best regards

Christian

Beosound Ouverture, Beocenter 9000, Beovision MX6000, Beocord VX7000
  • 01-18-2008 5:39 PM In reply to

• ChrDH
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 493
    • Founder

Re: Hotels with B&O: I feel just at home...

By the way, how do I add photos??

Chr.

• 01-18-2008 6:33 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Hi Christian. Looking forward to seeing your photo.Hotel looks great.
    On a post, at the top is a tab "Options"
    Click on it and you will see "Add/update"
    A white box will open with "Browse"
    Find your photo' then click "Save" in the bottom right corner of the white box thern click the normal "Post"
    Photo's have to be quite small, the easiest way I can find of shrinking them is to pretend to email the picture, Windows automatically shrinks it. Instead of sending it, drag it into a new folder on your desktop. You will be able to find it when you click "Browse"

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 01-18-2008 9:01 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Christian;

You can also do the following to scale your photos down to smaller size to email:

1. Send them as an e-mail as mentioned above by Jandyt. However, if you are going to do this on a regular basis, keep in maind that larger megapixel photos may sometime distort, lose resolution and colour, or stretch horizontally when sent this way.

2. KEEPING THE PHOTO SMALL and KEEPING HIGH RESOLUTION: 

Using any PC or MAC Photo or Printer programs ( Photoshop, HP Print, Hypersnap, MACPhotobooth, etc ), locate and select your full size photograph. Then find IMAGE or SIZE options, and choose SCALE, or  SCALE IMAGE.

Click on the scale or size option, and select 800 x 600 (common for internet), and click. This should provide three features for you, the first being a smaller size photo created for you, and the second is to allow you to rename the new smaller photo ( Castle 2 for example ). The third is that you can send more smaller scale photos per email (8-10) where as one large original might not be accepted as an attachment.

Thus you have a large scale original, and a smaller scale version of the original, which is much easier to send. Note that the all the nice original details, accurate colour, and resolution you want remain with the second photo. Smaller scaled photos are easier on a PC or MAC also, as they make less demand on the total HD storage space.

I hope this is helpful: Looking forward to seeing your photos.

• 01-19-2008 2:13 AM In reply to

• ChrDH
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 493
    • Founder

Photo one

• 01-19-2008 2:15 AM In reply to

• ChrDH
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 493
    • Founder

Photo two

• 01-19-2008 2:07 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Nice photos, Christian;

My wife and I enjoyed looking around the Hotel Bilder / Gallery via the link you provided. The Gastronomy and Wine Celler indicates the degree of severe hardships suffered during your conference stay.( We know . . .it's the job, but someone has to endure it. )

Any photos of the BL 4 placement in the Dungeon ?

• 01-19-2008 4:18 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Christian, were they normal Beocenter 6's or a special Hotel version? Just wondered as I know there were Hotel versions of some of the MX range.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 01-19-2008 7:30 PM In reply to

• ChrDH
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 493
    • Founder

Big SmileYes, the work is extremely hard, especially the 4 cource menu and the vintage port from 1945...

The Beocenter 6 looks very normal to me, the beo 4 (newest edition) is also completely standard. And after i finetuned the frequencies for radio and tv, it looks and sounds just fine.

I'll try to take some pictures of the beolab 4s, they look just right in the rough interiour of the resturant.

best regards

Chr.

• 01-20-2008 10:41 AM In reply to

My B&O encounters have been in the lounge at Copenhagen airport. The BA lounge at London Heathrow airport also had B&O for a short while, until the Beo4 remotes were being stolen. They tried to stop this by keeping the Beo4 in a wooden box which was chained to the couch, but this of course defeated the object of having B&O, so the B&O stuff soon stopped. In hotels, I can remember B&O in the Dorchester in London, the Park Hyatt in Milan, the Leela in Mumbai, the MGM Grand in Las Vegas and the Radisson in London. These do change quite often though and I have heard the BeoVision 8 has become a very popular hotel TV.
  • 01-20-2008 12:59 PM In reply to

• ChrDH
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 493
    • Founder

a beolab 4 at the reception

• 01-20-2008 1:12 PM In reply to

I recall a while back a list of hotels where you can find B&O products was published by B&O in a glossy form. I will see if I can find it.

Regards Keith....

• 01-20-2008 3:19 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Was it called 'Hygge' by any chance?

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 01-20-2008 3:50 PM In reply to

Yes, That's it Andy, well done..

Regards Keith....

• 01-20-2008 5:16 PM In reply to

• beotex
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • USA
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member
    We stayed at Dragsholm over the summer and I loved all the B&O there. The Lab 4's from the ceiling throughout the common areas was a nice touch. I didn't have a BC6 in the room, though, so maybe those are new. Also, in the guide to the property, it said there was a collection of B&O in one of the rooms. I didn't see it, and the girl at the front desk didn't know anything about it. Beautiful place, and great food - we really enjoyed our stay.
  • 01-20-2008 7:10 PM In reply to

There is a hotel in the Lake District and I contacted them as I spotted B&O in their advert and they said that they had B&O in most rooms.

I will try and find this again!

Kev

Filed under:
  • 01-21-2008 3:31 AM In reply to

Re: Hotels with B&O I feel just at home...

In the B&O presentation of hotels with their products the following are listed in the UK:

Watley Manor, Malmesbury
    The Forbury Hotel, Reading
    Seahall Hall, Durham
    Crazy Bear, Oxford
    One The Aldwych, London
    The May Fair Hotel, London
    Cotswold House, Chipping Campden

Regards Keith....

• 01-21-2008 4:03 AM In reply to

• ChrDH
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 493
    • Founder

Re: RE:

beotex:
    We stayed at Dragsholm over the summer and I loved all the B&O there. The Lab 4's from the ceiling throughout the common areas was a nice touch. I didn't have a BC6 in the room, though, so maybe those are new. Also, in the guide to the property, it said there was a collection of B&O in one of the rooms. I didn't see it, and the girl at the front desk didn't know anything about it. Beautiful place, and great food - we really enjoyed our stay.
  • 01-21-2008 4:03 AM In reply to

• ChrDH
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 493
    • Founder

Re: RE:

beotex:

Yes, someone mentioned a old B&O radio grammophone, but no one knew where in the big castle it was. Some rooms did not have a tv, bud had jacuzzies instead (as if that balances the score...)

br

Chr.

• 01-21-2008 5:59 AM In reply to

Re: Hotels with B&O I feel just at home...

Keith Saunders:

In the B&O presentation of hotels with their products the following are listed in the UK:

Watley Manor, Malmesbury
    The Forbury Hotel, Reading
    Seahall Hall, Durham
    Crazy Bear, Oxford
    One The Aldwych, London
    The May Fair Hotel, London
    Cotswold House, Chipping Campden

For anyone interested, The Mayfair Hotel that Keith mentioned here is also known as The Radisson.

• 01-21-2008 3:41 PM In reply to

• beotex
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • USA
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

ChrDH:

Yes, someone mentioned a old B&O radio grammophone, but no one knew where in the big castle it was. Some rooms did not have a tv, bud had jacuzzies instead (as if that balances the score...)

br

Chr.

I didn't get a jacuzzi, either! But, I did get a wall between the bedroom and bathroom that was about a meter and half thick (See picture below). Although I meant to, I didn't get any pictures of the B&O.

Page 1 of 1 (21 items)