in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-08-2008 12:49 PM by Tom. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-08-2008 12:05 PM

I would like to buy a B&O key ring

Hi:

Can anyone give me details concerning these (the ones that can be used to switch b&o equipment on and off). I would like to buy one to turn my Avant and Beovision 1 and subsequent B&O equipment on and off.

Are these things readily available - could I get one from a dealer? Are they plasticy and thus do they break easily, or are they good. Ultimately I need something to put my keys on but I don't want to spend x amount of pounds on something that is likely to break in five mins!

How much roughly do they cost?

Thanks

Graham

• 05-08-2008 12:28 PM In reply to

Re: I would like to buy a B&O key ring

Hi Grahan,

Sure you can get one from your local dealer.  The new type has shinny metal finish so unless you never use it, you will get scratch marks easily.  IMO I don't find it quite useful and the reception is 10 times less sensitive than the beo4.

Vic

• 05-08-2008 12:30 PM In reply to

They are available from B&O dealers at a cost of around £60 to £65. Made of metal with plastic buttons, but they are fairly sturdy (ive dropped mine on concrete loads of times). They are great for turning off your B&O, but not so versatile at turning on, in respect, when you press audio it will only turn on the radio, when you select video it will only turn on TV (not sky box or digital source). I dont use the light button.

It can be fun walking passed a B&O shop and turning off the teles Stick out tongue

But apart from that it is an expensive keyring. I think with an update of this keyring it could be so much better.

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 05-08-2008 12:49 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Hi Graham.

I bought my A9 Keyring on ebay. It is the old model, which is not shiny but stainless steel (I think). You can often find them on ebay, even new, to very interesting prices.  

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)