in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-09-2008 5:45 PM by mfirst. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-09-2008 5:45 PM

New toy for my Beocom 6000

Ok, not exactly 100% B&O, but -

Many years ago my parents got me a Beocom 6000 phone - which I love.  The only problem is that I have never had a landline phone to use on and hence it just sat there looking beautiful (and charged ready to go).  I have always used cellphones - easier, cheaper, and I have moved several times over the past couple of years.  I just bought this Dock-N-Talk (http://www.wpsantennas.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=438 - note I have no financial or other interest to disclaim).  The DNT plugs into any regular phone and then links, either with a cable or in my case, bluetooth to your cellphone - and now I can use my 6000 as a regular phone (caller ID and all) via my cellphone.  I have not tried this, but you can also plug the DNT into the wall and use any landline type phone as a regular phone thru your cell and get rid of you land service altogether.  When I pick up my 6000 and turn it on I get a regular dial tone and it works as a normal phone.  Only had it for a day, but so far - it is great.  I will provide further feedback for those interested.  Not sure if it works outside of the U.S. - but considering the technology, it should.  FYI - I got mine for half price on ebay.

-michael

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)