in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-08-2008 3:59 AM by joeyboygolf. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-07-2008 3:15 PM

• jonmsm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-04-2008
    • Posts 7
    • Silver Member

Yet more questions about the beosystem 5500

Hi again all... I have hit a brick wall!

I have managed to fix the beovox speakers (or at least the parts are in transit) and my beogram is NEARLY working... but my local B&O shop tell me the parts for the 5500 range are now all obsolete... which prooves a problem... as are the parts for the RL 60.2 speakers.

The main problem I want to solve is the RL 60.2's. The fault (if you haven't already read my previous post) is a lack of midrange completely. However all three drivers are producing sound and are in excellent condition visually. I opened it up and as a result I am pretty sure its the crossover. The picture below shows the suspect component which is also obsolete. You can see that one of the items on the PCB looks burnt. Are these resistors and can they be replaced?

If it helps, the part number is 8039073. I would be very grateful if anyone happens to have one, access to one or an old set of speakers that I can salvage this part from!

Any other advice on parts for these old system would be very much appreciated. Also, I am told there is access to schematics/parts lists as a silver or gold member. Could someone let me know if they have the exact data for my system, if so I will be upgrading my account, but at this stage its not terribly worth while if i cant make use of the feature.

Many thanks for reading all!

Jon :D

Jon Smith-Moorhouse Beosystem 5500 with multi room extension pack - love the 80's
  • 01-07-2008 4:06 PM In reply to

Re: Yet more questions about the beosystem 5500

Most of what you have is on. Please remember that any subscriptions do help to keep the site running. Lee sponsors the site mainly and I make a very small monthly contribution without any thought of gain.

I think this is what you need for the RL60.2s though. 

• 01-07-2008 4:21 PM In reply to

It's only £15 to upgrade to silver and have access to ALL the data on site including service manuals of all your equipment.

Hardly a king's ransom and makes a contribution to the upkeep of the site.

Regards Graham

• 01-07-2008 6:19 PM In reply to

• jonmsm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-04-2008
    • Posts 7
    • Silver Member

indeed not... but this might sound a tad moronic... but how on earth do i become a silver user? I have tried looking through my profile settings and I cannot see anything, nor on the forums. Apologies for my stupidity. Regards the schematic, that looks about right. Easily worth joining if it means I can get this system back on its feet :-D thank you again guys :)
    Jon Smith-Moorhouse Beosystem 5500 with multi room extension pack - love the 80's
  • 01-07-2008 6:25 PM In reply to

• jonmsm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-04-2008
    • Posts 7
    • Silver Member

** just had a nosey at the small jpeg of the schematic and I am pretty sure we can knock up a pair of nice replacements with new parts, let alone repairing the old ones, for both speakers so that they will be perfectly matched - Handy having a friend who is a qualified electronic engineer! haha Thanks again for this amazing resource, I have already learnt a lot about B&O, and my particular system!
  • 01-07-2008 6:27 PM In reply to

In the top right corner of the forum screen click on Main Website

In upper right hand corner is My Profile and at the bottom of the box click on Renew/Upgrade Membership

Regards Graham

• 01-07-2008 7:12 PM In reply to

• jonmsm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-04-2008
    • Posts 7
    • Silver Member

Just upgraded... thank you for that. It was surprisingly simple, I do feel a tad... silly! lol

The resources are indeed vast. I look forward to some free time to get all the parts ordered and the circuit boards made. Thanks again,

Jon :) 

• 01-08-2008 3:59 AM In reply to

Thanks for that Jon, I am sure it will be worth it. Member Dillen (Martin) is a particular expert in crossovers if you get in trouble. I know he would be happy to help.

I look forward to the post that says "all working fine".

Regards Graham

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)