in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-03-2008 1:13 PM by auric. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-03-2008 1:13 PM

Advice on a Beogram 4002 that is always ON?

Hi:

I'm trying to restore a 4002 turntable. (AC Motor version) and could use some advice.

Here are the symptoms:

1) When I plug the unit in, the turntable immediatly starts turning. (33 RPM Indicator lit.)

2) The sensor arm bulb is not on however the bulb checks out fine. I traced the connection to the transistor on the control board and the path is good.

3) The control that lowers and raises the tone arm has no effect.

4) When I hit ON the arm will move across the table to the center and then return rest position however the table continues to rotate.

5) With the arm hovering over the turntable (ie not at rest position) and hitting OFF will send the arm back to rest position however the table continues to rotate.

6) FWD and RVS controls also respond as does the 45 RPM

These seems to be the major electronic issue with the deck at the moment although much more work will need to go into this thing to bring it back to life.

It's got a cracked lid and is missing the wood trim around the base. If anybody has spares, I'd be delighted to hear from you.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)