in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-17-2009 4:00 AM by Premiumverum. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-13-2009 7:11 PM

• badbob
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-23-2009
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Line in to a BEOcentre 4600

Hi,

This is a little complex....  The sound from my 4600 is wonderful from any of the inputs, however I want to play via an external line in (the 4600 has no AUX line in).  When I've tried using the tape rec in 5 pin din at the back of the unit, the sound has a lot of hiss over the top and does not go very loud - unusable sound quality! 

So my thinking was that if I could run a line in to the tape deck (which I will never need to use) my problems would be solved.  So I located the point at which the tape unit connects to the tape pre amp and connected up the correct stereo wires (left/right/earth), and the sound is exactly the same!  As my input i'm using the headphone output of a radio, so I can vary the input level.  It very quickly goes from too low, to distortion - there is seemingly no level at which it provides decent quality leading me to think its not the input which is the problem (the origional feed i used was from the line out of my PC sound card).

So i'm sort of stuck.  I want to solder a line in, in place of the tape deck i'm never going to use - yet i cannot get any better results at all.  Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Paul

• 09-17-2009 4:00 AM In reply to

Re: Line in to a BEOcentre 4600

The headphone output of the radio might be a tad too strong (impedance-wise) for the tape input of your 4600.

Did it work fine with the computer's line out? This is at line level, a headphone out has enough power to control a headphone!

Does the sound quality get better when you turn the radio's volume down?

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)