in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-28-2007 8:16 AM by kevinoils. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-27-2007 1:35 PM

Spare Beogram 4002 Dustcovers?

Hi:

I'm wondering if anyone has a spare 4002 dust cover? I picked up 4002 deck with cracked and cigarette burned lid which I'm hoping that I can restore.

I'm located in the United States.

Thanks,

Derek
  • 12-27-2007 3:32 PM In reply to

Re: Spare Beogram 4002 Dustcovers?

Hi Derek

I am looking at restoring lids removing scratches etc and have been researching this for Beoworld, do you have any photos of the lid you have showing the damage?

If you have then send to kevinoils@hotmail.com

I will see if I can help with this

Kevin

• 12-27-2007 5:30 PM In reply to

Hi Kevin:

I doubt much can be done with this particular one. Some uncaring owner dropped a cigarette on the cover.

Novus makes a good line of acrylic polishes that does wonders for acrylic lids. Hairline scatches can be removed with patience. I've used this on my beogram 8000 and CDX lids. It's a two part formulation.

For deeper sractches that you can feel you need buffing wheels.

Let us know what you find.

Derek

• 12-28-2007 1:59 AM In reply to

• Piaf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-08-2007
    • Victoria, British Columbia
    • Posts 409
    • Founder

Hi Kev,

I have had good success with Micro-surface products. They have a terrific kit that does wonders, if requiring the patience of Job.

A very kind member of BeoWorld supplied me with a new dustcover for my Beogram 4000, which required a bit of work. (Along with a few other key components)

I used the Micro-surface kit and progressively wet-sanded the dustcover until I was reasonable certain that it was “perfect.”

Only after polishing with a very special random orbital (auto) polisher did I see that I had missed a few scratches, but overall the effect is absolutely stunning.

I have progressive photos if anyone is interested.

Jeff

• 12-28-2007 8:16 AM In reply to

Jeff Great Great Great!

I have posted a response to you on the site, I met with the rep from Micro-surface supplier and I have been busy with this. I have been very busy testing this product along with other products and would to offer this as a service to restore, I made a video diary and need to get all that up to date. Been busy with Christmas and helping a chap to repair a BG 4002.

I will contact you asap to discuss.

Very interested

Kev

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)