in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-15-2007 11:38 AM by The Stig - ver. 1.7. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-14-2007 10:24 AM

Play music from computer through Beocenter AV5 without Beoport

I tried to help my brother find a way to connect his computer to his AV5 for playing music. Unfortunatly he doesn´t have a beoport. We could not find any way to get sound only, not turning on the picture tube. Anyone having a solution? Thanks! /Martin
  • 12-14-2007 12:56 PM In reply to

• Beobird
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 506
    • Gold Member

Re: Play music from computer through Beocenter AV5 without Beoport

If there is a music function on your AV5 you don't need Beoport. Just buy a RCA to minijack (If your soundcard has a minijack out), and a RCA to 5 Din cable (the Din cable is the B&O) and you can connect your pc to your av5 aux Smile. If the av5 has already RCA outs, you only need the minijack to RCA cable I quess...

We Can't Get Enough B&O Stuff...

• 12-14-2007 11:13 PM In reply to

I have a BeoCenter 1 in the guest room and all my PC audio (net music , net radio, PC CD) goes to the BC1 through a simple FM transmitter.

This allows wireless transmission, excellent sound without any dropouts like wi-fi, the possibility to have your music wherever you have a tuner, and also station naming! I called "my" station  BeoMedia, sometimes, BeoPort, or BeoMusic, you can always change when you want.

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 12-15-2007 5:25 AM In reply to

Thanks, maybe the fm-transmittor is the best way, although there is a quite big loss of quality, isn´t it?
  • 12-15-2007 7:08 AM In reply to

To be frank, the FM signal received is the most powerful of all radio stations you will get! So the sound is quite impressive, and not comparable to any radio station you would hear in your area. Besides, B&O tuners are excellent, so as long as you use one of them, you should be very happy with the sound.

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 12-15-2007 11:07 AM In reply to

The majority of FM transmitters you can buy (at least the cheap ones) perform very poorly with typical SNR of only 45 - 50 dB.

You would be much better off trying to find a way of porting the sound by some other means ... when my AV5 is back up and running, I will look into it.

Neil

• 12-15-2007 11:38 AM In reply to

Connect It it to one of the scart or the camcorder input, then add p.mute to your beo4 to turn of the picture.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)